Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kross 2 sequencer question.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noisypegasus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject: Kross 2 sequencer question. Reply with quote

If I made a 10 channel full length song on my DAW, exported it as a midi (note data), and loaded it onto the kross, after assigning instruments/sample playback to the channels; would it work for song playbacks of the file and allow further tweaks and edits?

I would presume as long as it had less than 210,000 events in a song with 16 midi channels or less, that it would playback a sequence without an issue.

I am strongly considering a kross 2, but if I can import my current song files onto it in midi format and use it as a master sequencer and for working on song ideas away from my computer, it'd be perfect for my needs and cut having to carry around an mpc or something.

Thank you for your time!
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short answer:

Yes!

You can work things in a DAW, you can transfer a MIDI file to the Kross, you can also use the Kross as an audio module for the DAW, you can play the MIDI file on the Kross and edit it ...

I think that's all the things you asked?
Noisypegasus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koekepan wrote:
Short answer:

Yes!

You can work things in a DAW, you can transfer a MIDI file to the Kross, you can also use the Kross as an audio module for the DAW, you can play the MIDI file on the Kross and edit it ...

I think that's all the things you asked?

Yes, Thank you! The sounds it offered was too much to pass up on for not using with the DAW.

The VST looks like my bandmates M3 vst, so it'll be simple to work with and navigate. <3

Thank you, Koekepan!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: