Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Song cue list as set list function?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Song cue list as set list function? Reply with quote

Hi
I have a TE 61 and a Nord Stage 2 76 and am looking for easier patch changing/management for gigs.
I tend to select sounds seperately on each keyboard but would like a more slick method.
It's not so much within songs but more being able to setup both boards for a song with a click of a button, sending program change to the Nord.
The Triton I think has more options for this than the Nord and ideally I'd like to setup songs in order of the set but this would involve rearranging my Triton patches.

Some newer keyboards have a 'Setlist' feature. Would it be possible to use the Sequencer or Song mode on the TE in a similar way but not actually using the sequencer?
Any help appreciated.
Danr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not possible then.
I may just midi the Nord to the Triton and send the Stage 2 program changes
from the Triton patches.
jfenton

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TE is not that great for live performances.

A complex work around would be something that I have done

I set up FCB1010 foot controller to put out very generic messages.
I run them through Midi mapping software call Bome
The mapping can output complex midi messages (controlling multiple devices to whatever midi.

It requires a PC (or Mac) for the software but they will be releasing a new box (Bome box) in the fall elliminating the need for a computer.

It is not cheap when you add it all together so it must be something you are passionate about.

Or if you memorize your settings on the Korg, you just have to suffer with a 4 key program change (instead of one foot pedal).
Danr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfenton wrote:

Or if you memorize your settings on the Korg, you just have to suffer with a 4 key program change (instead of one foot pedal).

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll stick with memorizing patch numbers as I've always done.
The FB1010 is a bit on the large side and I don't need the pedals. The Midi Moose would be more compact although it doesn't have direct number access.
pongamoosic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danr wrote:
jfenton wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll stick with memorizing patch numbers as I've always done.
The FB1010 is a bit on the large side and I don't need the pedals. The Midi Moose would be more compact although it doesn't have direct number access.

If you have an iOS, or Android device, check out the Set List Maker app by Arlo Media.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copying a number of Combis and/or one Program Combis for Programs in the order of play into a sequential series of Combi slots could be used as a setlist, and would be easy enough to go through during a set.

bpoodoo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by "and/or one Program Combis for Programs"?
Thanks!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Single Program Combis, i.e. Combis consisting only of a single Program (complete with effects), so there is no need to switch from Combi to Program mode in order to get a Program sound.

bpoodoo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah OK I understand - that makes sense. Keeps things simpler, less mode switching and button pushing. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: