Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

loading different PCG / SNG & KSF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoshi88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:48 am    Post subject: loading different PCG / SNG & KSF Reply with quote

I love my Triton EX88

I am a heavy sequence user, arranging music in progressive and experimental ways.

I have always been content with the default Programs and combinations for our work! Funk - Latin- world - Jazz- pagan /early music-

Modified PCG:

Are all the original PCG saved internally and easily restored from Global?

Now I would like to explore : other programs, other combinations without losing the default address of my default PCG's

I do not have a MOSS board installed, but I do have 3 slots of recognized RAM available for samples and whatever else would be stored there.

IS it possible to assign new programs and combi's to the bank currently empty?

I have some other untested TRITON EX PCG and songs and KSF files I would like to explore.

What is the easiest way to load NEW and revert back to original old TEX default profiles?

SAMPLING:
I do not sample but I have a ton of ideas of how some samples can be added to the music. Are the fresh or saved samples lost from RAM when the Triton is powered down?

I only have Shure SM58 / 59 mics . What would you suggest for the 1/4" connection on the KORG Triton?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Triton PRO X 88
Trinity V3 61
O1WFD 61
T3 61
M1 61
03R
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: loading different PCG / SNG & KSF Reply with quote

yoshi88 wrote:

Modified PCG:
Are all the original PCG saved internally and easily restored from Global?

For me, so far, yes.
All factory presets are saved in ROM and can be restored either by running "Global>Load Preload/Demo Data" as described in OG p.127 "Restoring the factory settings" or by holding MENU key and EXIT key during power on as described in OG p.130 "Shortcuts". They both do the same thing.
However, this will not overwrite the memory for banks for which there is no Preload data. For example, it will not reinitialize programs in Bank E to all "InitialProgE###". Any user programs written there will remain intact. That's good default behaviour, but if you want to erase those and reinitialize all PGC data, you can. Hold MENU key and 9 key during power on as described in OG p.130 "Shortcuts". This will reset all locations in all banks to "Initial[Prog|Combi]$###". Then restore factory preload data as described in the previous paragraph.

yoshi88 wrote:

I have some other untested TRITON EX PCG and songs and KSF files I would like to explore.

I've downloaded many PGC files. Most install by default into user bank E, though some install into banks A, B, C, overwriting the presets there. But I've never had a problem reverting to the factory settings after I've installed and experimented with the PGC files I've downloaded, using the factory restore procedure above, or by loading a "Save All" backup.

yoshi88 wrote:

What is the easiest way to load NEW and revert back to original old TEX default profiles?

Use "MEDIA>Save>Save All" to backup the complete configuration of your Triton Extreme regularly, especially before installing any new PGCs. Then you can easily revert by loading what you saved. I save to a flash drive on USB A (actually I use a microSD card with USB A adapter so I can also use it in my phone or tablet to download files).
Create a new directory for each "Save All" backup. I have a top-level BACKUP folder, and under that I create a new folder using today's date (YYMMDD) as the folder name e.g. 200122. That is the folder I go to when I run "Save All". The Triton displays files and directories in the old DOS 8.3 format, so you have to keep the names short in order for them to be displayed in a meaningful way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: