Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to use my Krome as MIDI Controller for Logic Pro X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jac37062

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject: Trying to use my Krome as MIDI Controller for Logic Pro X Reply with quote

Oh where do I start? Please forgive me for being a newbie to this group. I keep going in circles from Logic Pro X to my Focusrite Clarett8Pre, then back to my Krome trying to figure out the proper settings to get the Krome to act as a midi controller to play and record Logic's Software Instruments. If anybody here has a similar setup and can tell me what I am missing I am all ears.

So basically, I have had a Krome workstation for a few months and haven't dablled in its MIDI capabilities except one time earlier this year, when I was able to successfully record a Logic Pro X software instrument - the vintage keyboard. I don't know how I got it to work, but I haven't been able to repeat that moment and it is driving me crazy reading in cycles from my DAW, to my Clarett8Pre, and the Krome.

I am running MIDI in and out of the Focusrite Clarett8Pre, which also has an Octopre connected to it. The Clarett8Pre connects to my Imac by Thunderbolt.

In Logic Pro X I start a project and add a software instrument, and set the MIDI to all channels (or is that all inputs?) under the track parameters. Back to the Korg

On the Krome I go into COMBI mode and select page and turn the first instrument from INT to EX2 (and EXT trying to figure out which one will make it to Logic but it is never picking the signal up on my new software instrument track. So, nothing. I go back to the Krome and look at the MIDI settings and still can't figure out why I can't get the new track I created to play the software instrument in Logic. Various sites recommend adding an audio input to Logic to monitor the sound, but when I do this, I get the internal Krome instrument (Grand Piano) playing into the DAW. In the COMBI menu where the selection to turn off local from INT/EXT/EX2, I see to recall seeing an option to change the input number on the first instrument of the COMBI, and instead of it going to input 01, it says something like Gch something.

I am sorry for this sounding so scatterbrained, but I spent a good three hours trying to figure this out tonight and I just can't seem to find someone with a similar setup that can tell me what I am doing wrong.

I just want to be able to use the KROME to record Logic Pro X's built in software instruments, without having to buy a standaone MIDI controller.

As a side note, would the USB out of the KROME possibly suffice as a solution to connecting to my iMac for recording and achieve what I am wanting to do, or would the USB connection put me into a latency nightmare.

Thanks, I am quite new to Logic Pro, the Krome, AND my Focusrite devices.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mac Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: