Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Something big is coming
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeVVught wrote:
Already recognised by Korg itself:

http://www.korg.com/us/news/2018/0427/ and http://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/prologue/sdk.php...

Lets clarify a few things.

When KORG introduced Prologue earlier this year, they hinted at open programmability. The SDK promises to program your own oscillators and modulation effects, etc etc

Is that BIG ? or big ? Or simple follow up ?

I say its ' follow up'.

These marketing teases are annoying. I guess some cos feel a need to do this.

Maybe if I worked at Korg I would consider that 'Big ' Wink
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'something big' teaser is just KORG Australia making a mountain out of an ant hill.
The SDK kit is indeed just a follow up.

As far as teasers is concerned, I think seven days is the maximum length for an effective teaser.
Anything more makes the buzz go away and even irritates people.
If you combine an overly stretched out teaser with tidbits of info which reveal next to nothing as Yamaha did last year with the Genos teaser campaign, it definitely irritates people and reflects negatively on the product you want to promote.

KORG's next BIG THING should not be far off, especially when you consider that the current KRONOS (2015) utilizes standard computer components.
I hope it will be something bigger than a refresh.
However, the absence of any competition is not really an incentive for making big steps forward.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:

1)The 'something big' teaser is just KORG Australia making a mountain out of an ant hill.
The SDK kit is indeed just a follow up.

1)As far as teasers is concerned, I think seven days is the maximum length for an effective teaser.
Anything more makes the buzz go away and even irritates people.
If you combine an overly stretched out teaser with tidbits of info which reveal next to nothing as Yamaha did last year with the Genos teaser campaign, it definitely irritates people and reflects negatively on the product you want to promote.

2)KORG's next BIG THING should not be far off, especially when you consider that the current KRONOS (2015) utilizes standard computer components.
I hope it will be something bigger than a refresh.
3)However, the absence of any competition is not really an incentive for making big steps forward.

1) I agree. Kong AUS is over reaching with their Instagram. Its their
prerogative to make noise, I suppose. There has not been much news for
some time. I think some folks jump on any clue.

2) I address this with my A B C assessment + prediction:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=114601&start=15

3) I agree. IMO, the reason for absence of high priced competition is that
it is not worth the (high cost) risk for these cos. They are exploiting other niches and have their products to sell.
lefwan

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys;
I personnaly think that it is about Yamaha last project...GENOS
with that keyboard Yamaha have pushed the bar very very high

I had the opportunity last week to spend 1hour on GENOS .... it was simply fantastic.... I never heard perfect styles like this, and clean sounds too...
beleive guys it is a monster.

I am using Korg since 15 years and I am not going to change it today, but I reconize that Yamaha have really done a good Job.
So I guess korg is thinking about it reputation to always have best arranger in the world...
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lefwan wrote:
Hi guys;

you should do an Instagram and say " BiG BIG Genos"" etc.

Just joking.

How about some demos , the very best ones, on that Genos ?
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lefwan wrote:
Hi guys;

I had the opportunity last week to spend 1hour on GENOS .... it was simply fantastic.... I never heard perfect styles like this, and clean sounds too...
beleive guys it is a monster.

I am using Korg since 15 years and I am not going to change it today, but I reconize that Yamaha have really done a good Job.
So I guess korg is thinking about it reputation to always have best arranger in the world...

Hi.

It is indeed very good for the market segment Yamaha are aiming for with Genos, but it has limited programming options, which may or may not be a drawback depenending on how much you want to get into sound tweaking.

Yahaha call it a workstation, but it is more akin to a Performer.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post

Last edited by Jan1 on Thu May 03, 2018 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
Actually, you can customize/create styles on GENOS as you see fit, so I think it's worth pointing out that the GENOS is not just a preset performance machine, you can customize it completely to fit your own music with the exception of the sounds themselves (modifying sounds begins and ends with ADSR plus filter control).

There's nothing like the sound creation abilities of the Montage onboard of the GENOS, nor does it have the DAW integration features of the Montage which really is a crying shame.
It also is strange considering Yamaha promoted the GENOS depicted in a studio with a computer running a DAW.

I agree with lefwan that the GENOS does have an unsurpassed sound quality, and Yamaha has done an excellent job in programming the sounds.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
Actually, you can customize/create styles on GENOS as you see fit, so I think it's worth pointing out that the GENOS is not just a preset performance machine, you can customize it completely to fit your own music.
Having said that, there's nothing like the sound creation abilities of the Montage onboard of the GENOS, nor does it have the DAW integration features of the Montage which really is a crying shame.
It also is strange considering Yamaha promoted the GENOS depicted in a studio with a computer running a DAW.

I agree with lefwan that the GENOS does have an unsurpassed sound quality, and Yamaha has done an excellent job in programming the sounds.

I owned a Tyros 5, and its mostly a true rompler..

If you compare the sound engine of the Genos to the pa4x, the pa4x has so much more depth and onboard edditing options.. Genos is just not an option for those arranger players into soundcreation..

also the Pa4x has 5GB samples vs 3GB on the Genos
Where Genos however blows away the Pa4x is in DSP power.

But there are still so many things that made me stick to the pa4x like :
-edditing power
-user interface and direct access to features
-Vocal harmoniser

But back on topic, this whole big thing was about Korg Australia, do we know what it is?
remyor

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Something Big Reply with quote

I bet it’s the Kronos Extreme
All the libraries and a blue tube.
Very Happy
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
[

But back on topic, this whole big thing was about Korg Australia, do we know what it is?

we heard from Francis who does a nice job running the Kronos FB group.

If I recall correctly, he said to not speculate, as the promo is not about any new kong product.

Further, I think the instagram was a sales promo by this aussie distributor.

I think most folks know these distributors are independent businesses that promote and distribute product in their countries. But they do not manufacture
any product.

I can be more detailed about this if anyone is interested
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

If I recall correctly, he said to not speculate, as the promo is not about any new kong product.

I think most folks know these distributors are independent businesses that promote and distribute product in their countries. But they do not manufacture
any product.

This. I got an email last week from CMI distro informing me that "Korg is on sale! Upto 50% off!". Yes, they always are. And it's not a sale when the prices don't change from their regular price, doesn't matter if the RRP is $300 more than street price if eveyone has been charging street price for the last year. I couldn't find a single product in my regular online store browsing that was actually 50% off the price they usually charge. Too bad really, I was hoping for something like an event to attend at least.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megamarkd wrote:
GregC wrote:

any product.

This. I got an email last week from CMI distro informing me that "Korg is on sale! Upto 50% off!". Yes, they always are. And it's not a sale when the prices don't change from their regular price, doesn't matter if the RRP is $300 more than street price if eveyone has been charging street price for the last year. I couldn't find a single product in my regular online store browsing that was actually 50% off the price they usually charge. Too bad really, I was hoping for something like an event to attend at least.

I hear you. I don't appreciate this teaser marketing nonsense.

I also suspect sales are falling off on the K2. Just the same, Korg, like other cos are very strict about keeping the retail price firm.

Back in the days of covered wagons, the street price ruled.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: