Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa1000 Vocal Harmony Volume to lead ratio HELP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dnj

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 Vocal Harmony Volume to lead ratio HELP Reply with quote

This is all coming back to me, .....but I need to know how to to adjust the Pa1000 Vocal Harmony Volume to Lead ratio in other words when I turn on VH the Harmonies they are much louder then the lead vocal voice alone,....I want to somehow lower the volume of the Voc harmonies for example (Two High) when I turn them on every time to match my Lead vocal singing volume. Is there a way to adjust the voc harmony and save as a user harmony with the correct volume to use when ever I need in different songs?...If so where do I start, KB page or menu, manual section, etc, etc, any help appreciated...
Dnj

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is interested i found the answer and it works greaton the SZ forums...

"You can go into menu/voice preset/choose vocal harmony from dropdown menu type then touch yellow selected harmony type.
from there you can set the separate volumes for each voice then hit upper right drop-down menu to write and name preset.Exit and then us assignable knob to adjust harmony volume. I don't know if you can disarm assignable knob but you can make another preset and name it something else like MY VH and you can then choose what preset you want without touching the knob once you have that set to the correct level."
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject: Volume balance between Lead and Harmony Reply with quote

Dnj wrote:
.. found the answer and it works great .. use assignable knob to adjust harmony volume ..

In case using one assignable knob (function "Mic Harmony/Double Level") for good balance between Lead and Harmony can work well. For an optimal setting this works rather by accident, because it is necessary to take into account some more different settings of the Lead voice and the VP. So it should not happen that after changing a VP you would have to re-adjust manually some knobs on the panel (assignable knob2, volume and fx) .

It is worth considering which properties / parameters are still effective for the volume balance between the lead and the harmony voices:

Lead Voice
* audio inputs are enabled for a microphone (default)
* adjust the input gain (0 to 40 dB)
* adjust input level MIC/IN (Volume panel in Songplay/Styleplay) - not too low or muted
* audio input on/off (MUTE of control panel) to mute / unmute audio input
* adjust audio input volume (VOLUME knob in AUDIO IN) - BALANCE AGAINST THE INTERNAL SOUND
* shaping Lead: mute to turn Lead on or off from Mix for only listening harmony voices and effects
* Level and Pan of Lead in Global > Mic Setup > Setup page to adjust level of Lead (off, -60db ... 0db)
* Adding EQ, compression and gate to the lead voice, setting the Talk mode and level ( automatic and manual), bgr-music-level

Voice Presets
* choosing a Local or Global VP
* Global Setting - mute Lead (check/uncheck)
* HARMONY/DOUBLE button to turn voice harmonization on or off
* ASSIGNABLE KNOB 2 to adjust the harmony voices level / doubling voice level
* AUDIO IN > FX knob to adjust the effects level for the voices
* Voice Preset > FX page use the FXs Level to adjust the FX send level for the voice
* enabling and mixing the effects: FXs Level adjust the general level of the effects
* with default settings ASSIGNABLE KNOB 2 adjusts the effects level for the voice
Editing VP
* Level parameters to adjust the level of the Harmony effect
* Level and Pan of the individual voices adjusts the the relative volume of each voice
* bottom area of the VP page contains for expression, EQ and internal mix the lead voice and effect
* editing DoubleEffects: Level parameters for adjusting the double level and separate lead level for mixing ....

PS: Why you would disarm th assignable knob - it is necessary in case of "Harmony/Double Level" to adjust parameters you are looking for.
But you can use an expression pedal, a potentiometer or a fixed Resistor to be used connected as assignable pedal.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Dnj

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

siebenhirter.....thank you for the very informative reply all good information for sure!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: