Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Kronos on it's way out?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vadim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need Karma v3.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vadim wrote:
we need Karma v3.

Do we?

I don’t think v3 on Yamaha is that big a step...

Korg needs just to make sure not to step away from the full integration of Karma as on the Kronos... sure there are some features of v3, we would love to see.. as well as 8 karma parts instead of 4... and i would love to see an option to buy the Karma creating software as an expansion running on the new workstation itselves..
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Vadim wrote:
we need Karma v3.

Do we?

I don’t think v3 on Yamaha is that big a step...

Korg needs just to make sure not to step away from the full integration of Karma as on the Kronos... sure there are some features of v3, we would love to see.. as well as 8 karma parts instead of 4... and i would love to see an option to buy the Karma creating software as an expansion running on the new workstation itselves..

You never know how people can take advantage of a little update to get more musical results. I'm not saying that is the case here but the only way to come to any conclusion is to actually spend decent amount of time with V3 first. We're not talking about a simple sequencer here.

Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching some of the free Karma tutorial video's.
This one about a plane drum roll and how much can be applied
to the whole process I've found it fascinating.

Video like those help to understand not only Karma but what one
can do to make a drum sound more interesting and honestly I'm
one whom to put a pattern in the step sequencer and find it right
enough when it's good by ear. While you can do so much more.

So I'm to believe that some use parts of karma as their to go to
tool to give some sounds the edge.

Korg MW1, Casio PX5S & XW-G1, Roland JD-Xi,Yamaha Montage 7, Roland D-05, Bass Station II, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3 Producer.Handfull of IOs Apps iMPC,Animoog : Korg IMS-20,Module, IM1, Gadget etc.
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_SamDoogie - you're spot on. I've been critical of how tough it is to use Karma - but let me repeat that Karma is AMAZING - it is an absolutely revolutionary technology - still - and if I could find the time to go through all the documentation and tutorials in detail I know for me personally it'd radically enhance many composition ideas I have.

And in that - Stephen Kay has bent over backwards to write masses of tutorials, respond to hundreds of questions on a one-on-one basis on his forum - and here. So make no bones about it - it's all there - the tutorials are amazing - and I repeat - the underlying concept of Karma is still far-reaching in it's capabilities.

It'd be just great to have it in AU Plugin format in a DAW environment, with more streamlined GUI interaction to take some of the cerebral-dimension off of it; but alas I don't expect that to happen.

One day I'll find the time to crack it .... Smile
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:
I'm expecting Korg to announce something at Summer NAMM next week related to what JackH wrote in another thread. Don't know how big or significant it will be, but should indicate Korg is still providing value to their Kronos customers.

Busch.

we need better tea leaves Wink
The timeline by Jack has passed.

A very wild guess Jacks work is packaged alongside a long awaited OS update.

That would show tangible support/interest of Kronos by Korg.

Either way, it would be great to see something very soon.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

+1

Korg has been excellent in updating the Kronos over the years! And this has tied my customer sympathy to Korg more, than anythingy else they ever did.

But they now should simply clarify, if we will see a further step within the present hardware, or if this is it, for the Kronos line, concerning software updates.

Just keeping silent for too long without doing anything, that's no good way to communicate with customers. I would prefer to know, if Kronos development has ended, and work with that, over keeping on hoping for something like a Mono-Poly, which is Legacy patch compatible, like the iOS version. If that should be a CPU problem, and you can't have the Mono-Poly in use along with the AL-1, for example, I would be ready to uninstall AL-1 immediately, just to be able to use the Mono-Poly: I would prefer the latter both sonically and with it's UI on board of the Kronos by far!

But having no clue, if the Kronos now has reached the end of it's OS development, keeping us customers all in that uncertainty, has really become dissatisfying and even slightly annoying meanwhile, after such a long time of many months of deafening silence.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
[

Just keeping silent for too long without doing anything, that's no good way to communicate with customers. I would prefer to know, if Kronos development has ended, and work with that,

Totally on the same page with all your good points.

I don't agree with cos that hide behind NDA's on seasoned products. Maintaining
customer interest and satisfaction is a much higher priority in this day and age.

It would not rattle the retail chain or bother sales, if a Korg made a general statement about ongoing development.

Another theory (path of least resistance) is that Korg is keeping Kronos as is, as a placeholder in their line up of digital synths. They want to sell the LS and Grand stage, various colors of a K2, so having the K2 maintains the product lineage, at least for the rest of the year.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
GregC wrote:

+1

Korg has been excellent in updating the Kronos over the years! And this has tied my customer sympathy to Korg more, than anythingy else they ever did.

But they now should simply clarify, if we will see a further step within the present hardware, or if this is it, for the Kronos line, concerning software updates.

Just keeping silent for too long without doing anything, that's no good way to communicate with customers. I would prefer to know, if Kronos development has ended, and work with that, over keeping on hoping for something like a Mono-Poly, which is Legacy patch compatible, like the iOS version. If that should be a CPU problem, and you can't have the Mono-Poly in use along with the AL-1, for example, I would be ready to uninstall AL-1 immediately, just to be able to use the Mono-Poly: I would prefer the latter both sonically and with it's UI on board of the Kronos by far!

But having no clue, if the Kronos now has reached the end of it's OS development, keeping us customers all in that uncertainty, has really become dissatisfying and even slightly annoying meanwhile, after such a long time of many months of deafening silence.

On a Korg Facebook group, someone recently visited Korg factories in Japan..

They could not tell if there where any future products planned..
But they said there was more support and software updates for teh Kronos on its way
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
jimknopf wrote:
GregC wrote:

+1

But they said there was more support and software updates for teh Kronos on its way

The term ' software updates ' was not used by a Korg employee. Its the opinion of Francis ( who does a fine job with his FB group) per the following:

" I visited Korg Headquarters in Japan and met the genius engineers behind the Korg Kronos ...They gave me the opportunity to share the collective user experience from our Facebook group as well discuss a wish list of features I gathered from this group .. to see in future Kronos updates and upgrades.

They are definitely listening to the users and working on getting things done. Although they couldn’t divulge any confidential plans, I can say that support for the Kronos will continue and the future for Kronos is looking good. "

The NDA and the Korg policy prevents Korg employees from making promises of future enhancements.

Bottom line, us Kronos owners are in this long waiting process of an improvement. It would be great for something to happen very soon.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Bachus wrote:
jimknopf wrote:
GregC wrote:

+1

The term ' software updates ' was not used by a Korg employee. Its the opinion of Francis ( who does a fine job with his FB group) per the following:

" I visited Korg Headquarters in Japan and met the genius engineers behind the Korg Kronos ...They gave me the opportunity to share the collective user experience from our Facebook group as well discuss a wish list of features I gathered from this group .. to see in future Kronos updates and upgrades.

They are definitely listening to the users and working on getting things done. Although they couldn’t divulge any confidential plans, I can say that support for the Kronos will continue and the future for Kronos is looking good. "

The NDA and the Korg policy prevents Korg employees from making promises of future enhancements.

Bottom line, us Kronos owners are in this long waiting process of an improvement. It would be great for something to happen very soon.

Still thats how i interpreted what he said..

Support and updates...
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Bachus wrote:
jimknopf wrote:
GregC wrote:

+1

Still thats how i interpreted what he said..

Support and updates...
marc1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Support and updates...

That's what I would suppose too, especially after Jack Hotop hinted at some new stuff in the making.

I'm positive that Korg will keep the Kronos interesting for some more time. As I stated elsewhere I don't think there's going to be a replacement before 2020. Stephen Kay once called Kronos the "workstation of the decade" and if you think about it, that's exactly what it is.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marc1 wrote:
Quote:
Support and updates...

That's what I would suppose too, especially after Jack Hotop hinted at some new stuff in the making.

I'm positive that Korg will keep the Kronos interesting for some more time. As I stated elsewhere I don't think there's going to be a replacement before 2020. Stephen Kay once called Kronos the "workstation of the decade" and if you think about it, that's exactly what it is.

It sure is. I would like to see Korg add extra engines and I would be happy to pay a reasonable cost for that. The underlying platform is fine.....

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marc1 wrote:
Quote:
Support and updates...

Cool Cool Cool

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

Jump to: