Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos SE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:44 am    Post subject: Kronos SE Reply with quote

KRONOS Special Edition
Loaded with the new Italian Grand Piano, This special KRONOS features a lush red gradation finish
With a red gradation finish that makes it identifiable at a glance, this KORG KRONOS features the new Italian-made grand piano that debuted on the KORG Grandstage. It also comes with the pre-installed "KApro Showcase" that collects only carefully selected sounds from KApro (*), who provided more than 100 of the KRONOS Sound Libraries. The gorgeous color and sound delivered only by KRONOS will make an unmistakable difference on stage. The KRONOS Special Edition is available in a lineup of three models: 61-key, 73-key, and 88-key.

https://www.korg.com/au/products/synthesizers/kronos2/#se

YouTube: https://youtu.be/8p_idBuKirk

Kronos Ultimate Covers Pack
billysynth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Hey, it’s Saturday...Big Deal!!

Regards
Vas
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will its new features be made available to the Kronos 2?
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing but a paint job, an already existing grand piano library (Grandstage), and a KA-Pro selection.
And THAT is called a Kronos Special Edition? Laughing

The last software update for the Kronos (3.0.3) has happened in July 2015, three and a half years ago. And all they have to offer up to 2019 is some red paint?

Seriously?
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Nothing but a paint job, an already existing grand piano library (Grandstage), and a KA-Pro selection.
And THAT is called a Kronos Special Edition? Laughing

The last software update for the Kronos (3.0.3) has happened in July 2015, three and a half years ago. And all they have to offer up to 2019 is some red paint?

Seriously?

Red paint or or let's say, or let's call it ecstatic flamboyant with additional included 😄

Korg MW1, Casio PX5S & XW-G1, Roland JD-Xi,Yamaha Montage 7, Roland D-05, Bass Station II, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3 Producer.Handfull of IOs Apps iMPC,Animoog : Korg IMS-20,Module, IM1, Gadget etc.
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ask as a pragmatic question - I'm likely to buy a Kronos 2 this year, and wonder if there is an advantage to buying this new one.

Although the paint job is nice - I'd rather the standard one - I'd find the new paint job a bit of an annoyance while working for any time at the control surface.

Regarding what Korg have come out with - at least it means Kronos is not a redundant entity within Korg. And - it's already at such a high standard, short of releasing new engines, it's difficult to imagine an update that would meaningfully bring it to a new place.

However - you're quite right - if any OS updates were to happen they'd have happened by now - it's likely that the development of Kronos is over.
marc1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
Quote:
I ask as a pragmatic question - I'm likely to buy a Kronos 2 this year, and wonder if there is an advantage to buying this new one.

Other than the Italian Grand and a few new sounds/samples from Kapro there seems to be no benefit over a regular Kronos. Just check the new voice name list for Kronos Se and see for yourself if these sounds could be to your liking.

But then again Korg will probably drop the Kronos next year and introduce a new board, at least that's what I suspect.
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marc1 wrote:
Kevin Nolan wrote:
Quote:

Other than the Italian Grand and a few new sounds/samples from Kapro there seems to be no benefit over a regular Kronos. Just check the new voice name list for Kronos Se and see for yourself if these sounds could be to your liking.

But then again Korg will probably drop the Kronos next year and introduce a new board, at least that's what I suspect.

So you're saying this new Grand Piano is exclusive to the Kronos SE and not on board Kronos 2?
marc1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So you're saying this new Grand Piano is exclusive to the Kronos SE and not on board Kronos 2?

Exactly! It's not on board Kronos 2 and I'm a little sceptical as to wether they will offer the Italian Grand as a purchase for Kronos/Kronos 2 like they do with the Kapro sounds.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The existing Kronos still sounds pretty good.

Looking at it from a marketing perspective, the SE's piano sounds will probably remain exclusive to the SE for a while, to give it some marketing traction, and then be offered as an upgrade to existing users at some date in the future.

I'm still waiting for the upgrade where holding down just one key in any Combi results in a completely new hit tune. :-) Maybe that will happen with the next iteration of the Kronos and the new board will come with the label "Karma XD-IH inside". IH for "Instant Hits".
Kronos2ison

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Did it . World's Best Cup of Coffee.. Congratulations! https://youtu.be/dvaja9AE2rs
leonh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So looking forward to next year then.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:

I'm still waiting for the upgrade where holding down just one key in any Combi results in a completely new hit tune. Smile .

I saw a video where the new Krome does that Very Happy

The combos were called EDM1 and EDM2
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The KRONOS Special Edition is available in a lineup of three models: 61-key, 73-key, and 88-key

....and just to be consistent, the 88 and 73 are fully weighted..... GREAT!!!! Brick wall

...just a keybed replacement option would be fine......
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
korgiefanatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will kronos and kronos 2 owners get the sounds from the se edition ???i hope so..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: