Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pa4x questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pa4xfan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:30 am    Post subject: pa4x questions Reply with quote

Hello forum members,
This is my first post. I've been using Yamaha psr s970 for few years. Just playing the provided styles and additional styles by Yamaha. Not creating styles or anything. Plenty of styles to play. The other day I had a chance to play pa4x in a store and realized how lively it sounded. I guess the Drums and bass sounds in the styles has more low end in it. Psr s970 sounded too clean and polished like master cd recording. Psr has lot of good styles. Sorry I'm not starting any debate or anything. hehe. I really starting to like pa4x. Maybe trying to get used one soon.

I only spend like 20 minutes in the store trying pa4x oriental. Not enough time. hehe.

Does pa4x has free styles? I mean not the styles for free, like Styles without percs. It's in the movie and show category in psr s970.

Is there any Indian styles I could download for pa4x? Syles in Dadra, Rupuk, 5/4, 3/4, 6/8 and most importantly 7/8?

I noticed some lag while playing the sounds in pa4x? Is that normal?

How do you find the boot time? Too long?

Psr s970 recogonized rootless chords easily. Three notes chords. I was having some trouble with extended Dom7 and alt chord on pa4x. Like simple
Dom9 or 13 chords? Is there any chord voicings chart that is compatible for pa4x?

I read somewhere pa4x oriental gets less OS update comparing to pa4x reg. Is it true?

That's all I could think of right now, More later guys. Thank you in advance for helping me out. Nice forum.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey and welcome to the forums...
I'll at least make a start on your questions:-
Quote:
Does pa4x has free styles? I mean not the styles for free, like Styles without percs. It's in the movie and show category in psr s970.

Not as a default - however I have simply muted perc parts on some styles with great affect.
Quote:
Is there any Indian styles I could download for pa4x? Syles in Dadra, Rupuk, 5/4, 3/4, 6/8 and most importantly 7/8?

There are some built-in but I am probably not the best person to ask...
Quote:
I noticed some lag while playing the sounds in pa4x? Is that normal?

Totally not normal - never experienced that....
Quote:
How do you find the boot time? Too long?

Does not bother me at all - my PA4X is rock solid reliable - so far, never had to reboot other than on purpose.
Boot time will depend on the amount of samples you have installed.

Quote:
Psr s970 recogonized rootless chords easily. Three notes chords. I was having some trouble with extended Dom7 and alt chord on pa4x. Like simple
Dom9 or 13 chords? Is there any chord voicings chart that is compatible for pa4x?

There is a "recognised chords" chart on page 1068 in the latest manual (V E17)
Korg PA4X's intelligent chord management is one of many reasons I would not return to Yamaha (PSR/Tyros/Genos)
I have owned a lot of PSRs and also Tyros but I find Korg arrangers far more conducive to live playing and recording - just my opinion.

Quote:
I read somewhere pa4x oriental gets less OS update comparing to pa4x reg. Is it true?

Not true.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you play a sound with a slow attack (such as a pad/choir/certain String sections...etc), then you would need to change your playing style to make it work. If you're experiencing any lag associated with other sounds such as Pianos, EPs...etc...then that's definitely NOT normal at all. In fact it would be impossible to play anything up-tempo.

pa4xfan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the answers. I probably ask around in the pa900 forum regarding the Indian styles. Is it possible to load the styles from korg pa900 to korg pa4x via usb and play on it? The genos loads styles from psr s970 via usb and works fine.
jpires

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: pa900 to pa4x Reply with quote

Yes you can load Pa900 styles into Pa4x.
I change from pa900 to Pa4x last year and I load all my styles include a sequencer, you my have to change some sounds because patch banks are organized different, that's all you have to do.
JP
pa4xfan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: