Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Legacy Collection - Purchased new old stock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wpostma

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Korg Legacy Collection - Purchased new old stock Reply with quote

I bough a new (but old stock obviously as this product came out in 2003) box with KORG Legacy Collection, bundled with a Korg MS 20ic USB midi controller.

The software won't install on Windows 7, as it says it needs Windows XP. I may have to get an old laptop. I thought I might try to buy the software upgrade to get the LEgacy Collection upgraded to work on Windows 7.

I found this site:
https://www.korguser.net/Asp/Reg_NewLicence.asp

I can't get past the fact that it wants me to enter a Locking Code. I have an Authorization COde, a long alphanumeric string that was on my CD label in the packaged software.

Has anyone gotten this to work? Can I contact Korg somehow? They say to contact distributors which makes me laugh. I bought this at a music store. LIke a distributor in Quebec Canada will know something about thiswebsite korg set up. It's like Korg has its head so firmly up some of its orifices that it doesn't even know how messed up it is. Contact your distributor? Even in 2003 that was quaint.

Anyways, what do I do?

Warren

Warren Canada
wpostma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years later think I better summarize what I learned:

1. You can get a new and installable-on-modern-mac-and-windows systems version if you own the original boxed Korg Legacy Collection or one of their controller plus KLC bundles.

2. The information on the web suggests you need to register for an account on the old Korg website and obtain some upgrade codes.

3. With the upgrade codes you can then "buy" for $0.00 a new serial number. It's just like buying the regular KLC except you need a one time code (a coupon code more or less) and this discounts your KLC collection.

4. The KLC edition you get only contains the modules that came in the original bundle, upgraded to work on your newer computers. Sorry none of
the modules that were added later are included. However it's good because instead of having say the MS-20-mini-styled controller and not having an MS-20 VST to play it with, now you do.

Warren Canada
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: