Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kross 2 Audio Pan Issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonaldRBenson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Kross 2 Audio Pan Issue Reply with quote

Greetings. I am new to the Kross so please bear with me.

I have custom backing tracks that I purchase from an Internet company. We use these for a few songs that we play in the band I'm in. I would like to run these through my Kross if I could, but here is the issue.

I have the instrument tracks that I want to go through the PA panned to the left and the click track panned to the right. You do all of this through the site that you purchase the backing tracks from and then download an MP3.

When I play the MP3 and I pan left, I get only the music that I chose. When I pan right, I get only the click track.

I then use Audacity to export the file to .WAV file. I then play the .WAV file and the panning is exactly the same as stated above.

When I import the .WAV onto the Kross, I get the only the click track on a cable connected to the Right Output but when I connect a cable only to the Left Output, I get both the music AND the click track (and I only want the music on the Left Output). If I reverse the Pan on the file and repeat the process it's the opposite. It appears that the Left Output ALWAYS plays both panned (right and left) sides.

Would like to figure out how I can fix that.

Thanks,
Puukka

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regulary at keyboards using the the left output only is for mono, so both channels are mixed together.
You need to plug in a dummy cable to the right, then you´ll get the left channel only at the left output.

Regards,
Herbert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: