Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG Triton Extreme. Valve enabled signal problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirikl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject: KORG Triton Extreme. Valve enabled signal problem. Reply with quote

Just bought Extreme 88. Everything works fine except Ribbon, I ordered new one (whole assembly), hopefully it will work!
Now the tube thing. Every time when I switch to Valve it sounds much softer and more from left channel. Both output or headphones. when I switch it off it sounds well balanced, normal.
Could it be dying bulb? or weird valve board?
Should I replace only bulb or the circuit/assembly too?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replacing the valve is probably no bad thing, since valve characteristics can change over time. The main thing that happens is the hot cathode loses emissivity (the ability to give off electrons) resulting in a reduction in the gain of the valve. It is entirely possible that one cathode will have deteriorated faster than the other, leading to a gain imbalance. The other thing that can happen is the valve goes "soft" i.e. loses vacuum, which can also lead to a deterioration of the valve characteristics, though it would be expected that both channels would be affected more or less equally by this phenomenon.

One other thing to check for is surface contamination of the valve force PCB. There are some quite high impedance paths in the valve force circuitry, and surface leakage currents from dampness and dust, or spilt beer!! could adversely affect the operation of the circuit.

Brysonpricemusic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: KORG Triton Extreme. Valve enabled signal problem. Reply with quote

kirikl wrote:

Now the tube thing. Every time when I switch to Valve it sounds much softer and more from left channel. Both output or headphones. when I switch it off it sounds well balanced, normal.
Could it be dying bulb? or weird valve board?
Should I replace only bulb or the circuit/assembly too?

Did you ever get this problem resolved? I’m experiencing the same thing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: