Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Program / Combi Usage Report Formatter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timg11

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: PCG Program / Combi Usage Report Formatter Reply with quote

One of the great things about the Kronos is the huge number of programs and libraries that are available. The related downside is the shortage of program banks to store them. Many of us filled all internal program banks years ago. Korg is currently unable to make any improvements in program bank storage, so for now loading new banks and libraries feels like playing this puzzle:

The excellent PCG Tools program by Michel Keijzers can generate reports of used programs (among many other functions). While very handy and detailed, the large report is not ideal for quickly answering the question "What can I delete or overwrite without breaking something else?

I developed some post-processing scripts to help this process.
Please see my Kronos Software Resources page for more information and downloading the script.

Sample output showing used/unused/init status for all Program and Combi banks in a Kronos:

Code:
ASCII Chart of Program Useage for t_180701_usage_output.csv
Key:    "*" Prog referenced by a Combi or Setlist   "_" Non-Init Prog Unreferenced   " "  Init Program
--------------------------------------------------------------
     0                               32                               64                               96                              127
I-A |*********_*__******___**_**_*_*_|____**____*_**___*_*__***___**_*|*****_***_*_*_****************_*|_*************_***********_*****
I-B |***_***_***__**_***__****__***_*|**************_********_***_****|*****_**__****__*_*_********__**|********************************
I-C |********************************|*******************_************|****__**************************|**_********************_********
I-D |*********_*****_*************_**|********_*******_********_******|********__**************_*******|*****************_**************
I-E |*_******************************|**********_*****************_*_*|***__************_********_*****|*___********__********_****__*__
I-F |*_***__***___*_*_*___***_*_*___*|****_******_**_**_*******__*_*_*|*****_**_***********************|*****************_**************
U-A |*******__***___*****___*********|*****__***___*__*_***_*_***_***_|__*____***_*_*_*_*______*_**_*_*|***************_*__***__**___*__
U-B |********************************|****************************_**_|********************************|*********__*****_**********_****
U-C |*******__*********__**********__|******__************************|***********************_****____|__****_*_**_*___******_______*_*
U-D |_*__****___*_*_______*__**_*___*|***______*_*__***_*_**___*____**|*__*_***__****_****__**__*__*__*|***_***____**_____*_*__*_**____*
U-E |***_*___***_*______*___*__*__***|________________*________**____*|___**__**_*____***___*_***_*____|*__*_**________**********_*___**
U-F |______*_*_*_____*___***_**__*__*|*_*_____*_***_*_*__*______*_____|___*______*_______**_*______*___|______*___________*____*________
U-G |*_______________________________|________________________________|_______________                 |                               
U-AA|*_*_____*___*_*_*__ __ __ _ _ _ |_____ __ *__  ___ __________ __*|_     ___ _  ___________________|_______ ________**_____________*
U-BB|________________________________|_____*__________________________|___________________*______*_____|___*__*______*__________________
U-CC|_____*___*_***__**______________|_________________*____________  |        _*__*___________________|_*__________*___________________
U-DD|******_******_*_*____***_______*|_*____*_______________*________*|____*_*_____________*____*______|__________________*_***______***
U-EE|______*_________________________|________________________________|_____*_________*__*_____________|___________*                   
U-FF|_****_*********_*******_***___**|*                            *  |                                |    _                          _
U-GG|*_*__***_*_* ***________________|__****_*_**_____**___*_**__*__*_|______**_****_*******_**        |                             ___

ASCII Chart of Combi Useage for t_180701_usage_output.csv
Key:    "*" Combi referenced by a Setlist   "_" Non-Init Combi Unreferenced   " "  Init Combi
--------------------------------------------------------------
     0                               32                               64                               96                              127
I-A |*_**_****_____*____*____________|__________*____**______*______*_|**______________*___________*___|________________________________
I-B |*__________________________*_*__|___________*____________*__*_*__|*___**_____*_____*___*_____*____|_____________________*_____*____
I-C |_*______________**______________|____*______*_*_______________**_|_____*____*____*__________*_____|___________*___________________*
I-D |_____________________________*__|__*_____________________________|____**____________*____________*|*                             
I-E |________________________________|___*__________*_________________|________________________________|________________________________
I-F |                                |                                |                                |                               
U-A |                                |                                |                                |                               
U-B |________________________________|________________________________|_________                       |                               
U-C |__                              |                                |                                |                               
U-D |________________________________|                                |                                |                               
U-E |______________                  |                                |          ____                  |                               
U-F |******_*****__**_******_*******_|******                          |                                |                               
U-G |*****************_**______**_***|***_****_**___*_*_**************|**_***_**_********__*__*_*_*_**_|******_****_*******_**___******

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work... I'm glad still people develop for the Kronos (and others).

Btw, in PCG Tools you also can select a number of programs or program banks, and press the Delete function. A requester shows up that asks if only programs need to be removed which are not used by combis/set list slots.

Also, in the settings, #references can be switched on which shows in how many combis/set lists the program is used (0 if not used). It is switched off by default because it makes the application a bit slower.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: