Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Note keeps sounding after MIDI Note On message sent to Krono

View previous topic :: View next topic  
go2ldook

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject: Note keeps sounding after MIDI Note On message sent to Krono Reply with quote

Hoping someone with Midi background can help me.
I am using a set of Korg PK-5A Basspedals to play my Kronos Keyboard (I am a guitarist and use it to trigger bass, synth and sample sounds).

This is all fine. The Basspedals are operated in Mono Mode such that the note holds until another note is pressed. If I want it to turn off or fade out before another note is pressed, I can use the Vector Control to achieve this. All good.

The odd behavior is when I use my PBC Mastermind to send a note on Command to a combi (Sometimes I need to change to a new guitar pedal preset at the same time I should be hitting a note on the Basspedals, so this allows me to achieve that). The note sounds, but unless I use Vector Control, it keeps going when I press a different note. There is no "Note Off" signal or something. If I send a different note command from the Mastermind, the prior note will turn off (I always set it up so an "all notes off" command is sent first, followed by the note I want).

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Sometimes I might not want a Vector control setting on the note, so this ends up a pain. I have seen posts on this topic, but never a resolution. I have tried updating the Kronos (I still had the original firmware!), tried turning Local Control off in Global, played with the MIDI filters for that timbre. Nothing works.
go2ldook

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears to be an issue with not receiving any note release MIDI signal, but I would think I could simply trigger the same note on the Basspedals and on release it would turn off, but that doesn't happen. The MIDI messages are being sent to Channel 2, whether coming from the Basspedals or from the PBC Mastermind.

Do Korg reps ever comment on these threads? I have not seen one Korg reply to this issue in the past. Someone said this appeared to be just the way Combis behave, which kind of sucks!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the PK-5A . Or the PBC mastermind
You might clarify how you have all 3 pieces connected.

My guess is that the issue is more midi related. There are Kronos owners that are experts at midi.

Korg reps have not replied to posts for some time. This is a Korg community forum of users. Not a site where Korg employees hang, provide product support.

You could also try emailing Korg product support directly.
go2ldook

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ipad>Mastermind MIDI>MIDI Capable Guitar Effect Pedals>Korg Basspedals>Kronos. All connected by standard MIDI cables, one way communication.

The only devices that really feed MIDI data into the Kronos per se are the iPad for program changes (which only happens when I select a new song on the Bandhelper setlist program I use. No data is sent while I am playing), the Mastermind and the Basspedals. I am not sending MIDI clock info from those units. All of the devices are on separate MIDI channels. The Kronos is typically triggered by either channel 1 (for any timbres set up on 1G) or channel 2, which is the channel the Basspedals use. So when I trigger a note in a Timbre normally controlled by the Basspedals, the Mastermind sends the note data to channel 2.
go2ldook

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue has plagues me but I have figured it out. In my Combi, I go under Timbre Parameter/OSC and for Max# Notes, switch it from PRG to 1. Problem solved. That Program is forced to only sound one note at a time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: