Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Samples Not Loaded for User Multisample Programs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
go2ldook

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject: Samples Not Loaded for User Multisample Programs Reply with quote

Experiencing weird behavior since updating my Kronos to 3.1.2 (first time I have done this since I bought it years ago).

The update went fine and I had rebooted it and used it without issues. I took it to a gig, and when I started to play a Combi, I noted that the User Programs I had created based on Multisamples would not work, and I had a "Samples Not Loaded" message at the top of the setlist. Tried loading an older KSC and still nothing. I went to the original Multisample and the samples were all there. As a workaround, I re-saved the Multisample, and it all worked fine. These are Multisamples that I have had for years, with saved KSC files. I generally just select "Save All" when I makes changes that involve the Multisamples, and put the updated KSC in as my Preload KSC.

Why would this happen? I have been using this for years without this issue. Is there some change in KSC loading with the update? Searching around for a fix and cannot find one.
mikeyd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version is your KRONOS? Is it an X or older? When you load your programs you should get a question about loading the “new order” or the older one.

Also for the programs missing samples you might already know this, but you can load them from the drop down menu on the upper right. You get an option to do that.

Every update that I’ve done up to 3.1.2 has always had those 2 issues come up in some form or another.
go2ldook

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suspect I have answered my own question. I decided to load the same KSC from the Disk page instead of the "Autoload", and it gave me a message about my KSC having been created on and older version, and programs being in different order in the updated Kronos, and did I want to remap. Said yes, loaded, and all was working fine. To be sure I saved everything to a new KSC, put that one in Autoload, and rebooted. All fixed.

Would be a nice feature for that message to come up when you Autoload an old KSC. I was at a gig and major panic for about half an hour until I found a work-around. Fortunately now I have it fixed permanently.
go2ldook

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeyd wrote:
What version is your KRONOS? Is it an X or older? When you load your programs you should get a question about loading the “new order” or the older one.

Also for the programs missing samples you might already know this, but you can load them from the drop down menu on the upper right. You get an option to do that.

Every update that I’ve done up to 3.1.2 has always had those 2 issues come up in some form or another.

Thanks...yeah, I kind of figured it out, just posted that. I kind of live in Combi mode, so didn't even occur to me to go to the actual program to look for a way to load samples. I kept looking at the Combi...makes sense that would not work, that you have to go to the Program.

But you were dead on...was a mapping issue, and all resolved. I have the old Kronos. Got it in 2012 or so and was always scared to update it, I had spent so much time putting in samples and making Combis. I was just afraid something bad would happen. This gig made me think I was right. Once I realized the samples and the Multisample data were all there and I could fix it, I was relieved. I am more relieved to know this was actually an easy fix with the remapping.

Thanks for your reply.
mikeyd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Glad you got it sorted.

Love this machine but will definitely make you nuts once in awhile!

Happy playing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: