Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ES-1 Effect merging

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eatpastaproducefasta

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: ES-1 Effect merging Reply with quote

Hello, is there any method to merge/stack 1 or more effects to a sample? Let's say that I have a phrase where I want to merge the Phaser effect, so I can later apply compression on it. How can I achieve this?

This evening, I'm going to the local library to print the manual because my computer is broken. Just bought the ES-1 (my first Electribe) and it seems very frustrating w/o the manual.

Thanks in advance
King Duppy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resampling!

The ES-1 only lets you use one effect at a time, BUT! like most other limitations on the Electribes, there's a workaround—in this case one of the most powerful and useful features of the Electribe series, which is resampling—i.e., creating a .WAV of whatever sound the ES-1 is making at the time.

Here's how you do it:
First, get the phase effect just how you want it, since you can't change it once it's sampled.

Then, hold down Pattern Set and press Rec. This puts you in sampling-ready mode, which you'll know because the Rec key will light, and the Pattern Set key and Play/Pause keys will blink.

At this point you can choose whether you want to record in Mono or Stereo. To conserve space, I'd suggest Mono, unless you've got some cool stereo effect you're doing.

Then just hit the part you want to record with the Phase effect (or solo that part and hit "Play" if you've got it in a pattern), and the ES-1 will create a sample of whatever you hear coming out of it.

The recording starts automatically when you hit "Play" or hit a key. It stops when you hit "STOP," or if the deck runs out of space.

Then just remember to WRITE your new sample, and boom! You now have that phrase with the phaser effect, recorded as a .WAV, which you can play like any other sample.

So long as you have enough drive space, you can resample a phrase as many times as you like. It's a good way to stack effects, polyphony, etc.

Hope this helps.
-K.D.
eatpastaproducefasta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Duppy wrote:
Resampling!

The ES-1 only lets you use one effect at a time, BUT! like most other limitations on the Electribes, there's a workaround—in this case one of the most powerful and useful features of the Electribe series, which is resampling—i.e., creating a .WAV of whatever sound the ES-1 is making at the time.

Here's how you do it:
First, get the phase effect just how you want it, since you can't change it once it's sampled.

Then, hold down Pattern Set and press Rec. This puts you in sampling-ready mode, which you'll know because the Rec key will light, and the Pattern Set key and Play/Pause keys will blink.

At this point you can choose whether you want to record in Mono or Stereo. To conserve space, I'd suggest Mono, unless you've got some cool stereo effect you're doing.

Then just hit the part you want to record with the Phase effect (or solo that part and hit "Play" if you've got it in a pattern), and the ES-1 will create a sample of whatever you hear coming out of it.

The recording starts automatically when you hit "Play" or hit a key. It stops when you hit "STOP," or if the deck runs out of space.

Then just remember to WRITE your new sample, and boom! You now have that phrase with the phaser effect, recorded as a .WAV, which you can play like any other sample.

So long as you have enough drive space, you can resample a phrase as many times as you like. It's a good way to stack effects, polyphony, etc.

Hope this helps.
-K.D.

Thank you very for your extensive explanation, exactly what I wanted to achieve!

Peace Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: