Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to play korg pa4x sounds from another keyboard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffkorg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: How to play korg pa4x sounds from another keyboard Reply with quote

I have an 88 key Yamaha montage on my church platform I like the 88 weighted keys and the sounds and I also like the Korg pa4x sounds. I want to layer the two keyboard sounds and or play the pa4x sounds exclusively. How do I play the pa4x sounds from my montage like I do from my Roland xv5080 module? I have tried to connect the pa4x to the montage I get a sound along with maybe a percussion sound. The pa4x seems to have a complex midi structure.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: How to play korg pa4x sounds from another keyboard Reply with quote

jeffkorg wrote:
I have an 88 key Yamaha montage on my church platform I like the 88 weighted keys and the sounds and I also like the Korg pa4x sounds. I want to layer the two keyboard sounds and or play the pa4x sounds exclusively. How do I play the pa4x sounds from my montage like I do from my Roland xv5080 module? I have tried to connect the pa4x to the montage I get a sound along with maybe a percussion sound. The pa4x seems to have a complex midi structure.

Actually its very simple, the pa4x has 8 midi presets you can overwrite them..
Create one specifically for connecting to the montage

Set the global channel... this is for midi sync to channel 16
Set channel 15 receive for left hand ... as well as chord detection
Set channel 14 receive for right hand..
Set channel 13 as your 2nd chord detection channel.. so sending on channel 13 does activate the arranger chords but not the left hand sounds..

Then program channel 14 and 15 in the combi’s/performances of your montage, just create a channel for sending midi, and switch local sound off.

Make sure the montage does not send notes on the global channel.. same for the pa4x...

This way you can layer your montage sounds with your pa4x sounds...
jeffkorg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the reply I will try it soon. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: