Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New user interested in a workstation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skysc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject: New user interested in a workstation Reply with quote

Hi

After owning a Access virus for a month , i think im interested in playing & keyboard , l was told the best option wasnt really a synth like a Access virus but more of a workstation .. to have drum , sqeuencer etc..

i have no experience in dance music . im a guitarist but i like eurodance, dance trance very much . I'm really after that 90's fat synth (saw) like Mr Vain etc..

i just want to play live without really recording , .

i looked at the korg kronos but since i'm a beginner and the Kronos is expensive , i was wondering what would be a best option for me to begin .

I'd really like to learn to play keyboard and compose dance song . Is there a all-in-one package that would gave me goog result .. having fun while learning .

Most of the 200 $ keyboard station ( casio etc..) i heard are like organs or pianos sound ... im really after synth sound for trance and eurodance ( saw and super saw) . like professionnal sounding workstations .

any suggestion ? budget is not really important . i can afford a kronos nut would probably buy it use so i wouldnt lose too much if i decide to resale .

can a all-in-one workstations achieve the quality of a professionnal synth like a Access virus TI , clavia Nord Lead etc.???????
Mighty Motif Max

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello skysc!

For your needs, if you can live without a sequencer and use a computer, look into the Yamaha Montage which is very EDM focused. The upcoming Yamaha MODX (mid-range Montage version) may work as well. Both have a lot of those types of sounds. Also look into the PSR-S series. The Kronos still has a full sequencer. Previous-generation models are nice as well from the various manufacturers. At the extreme high-end, you have the Yamaha Genos. Not sure what section you could post this in for more views. Maybe someone else can comment.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470

Casio CT-370

Titano Virtuoso Converter accordion, Resident Audio T4, Kimball Valencia and Broadway organs, Shure SM-57, Audio-Technica AT2035, Yamaha Pacifica 112V guitar, Yamaha MSR100 speaker, Yamaha P22 upright piano, Borsini Vienna 723 accordion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: