Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SP-250 emits strange buzzing / computer noise from speakers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mightymykle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: SP-250 emits strange buzzing / computer noise from speakers Reply with quote

As title says, my KORG SP-250 makes a consistent buzzing noise (Video below) when turned on. The sound will disappear if I plug in the headphone jack (which mutes the main speakers) so which makes me think its a speaker issue. The piano sound plays perfectly fine (over the buzzing) and in headphones there is no buzz, just clear piano. Curious if anyone has any insight on this, and if its something I could fix easily by opening it up (not extremely handy but can get around).

Video:
Dropbox - Piano Sound.MOV

Thanks!
mightymykle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to bump this.

As an update, I've tried using a power conditioner, ferrite clamps, RF filter, 3 to 2 converter, power strip, extension chords, and nothing has worked. It seems to only be when its close to the wall that it makes this noise, which makes me think its some device in the wall that the insides are picking up a sound from. Has anyone else experienced this or has any thoughts on what could fix it?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you also considered what may be on the other side of the wall, or under or above the affecting area e.g. an air con unit, washing machine, refrigerator, mechanical workshop (with motorised machining equipment), electrical utility company power distribution cables, LED lighting transformer, fluroescent lamp ballast, neon sign/transformer. Any of these can generate quite strong electromagnetic fields that can affect nearby external euipment, such as the SP-250 and other audio gear.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: