Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random percussion-sound when playing piano + strings?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OscarGold

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Random percussion-sound when playing piano + strings? Reply with quote

Hi guys, I just got my PA1000 yesterday and I am still learning about all its functionalities.

Today, I encountered a strange issue: I played a piano piece (split deactivated, velocity and aftertouch both set to medium) and used "Pop Grand" for UP1 and "Movie Str. 1 DNC" for UP2 as instruments.

At certain times during playing (unfortunately not reproducible) the keyboard played a short percussion / drum sound (sounded like a snare drum, but I am not absolutely sure because it comes really surprising and is really short).

I have no clue where that sound comes from or how I triggered it, but it's really annoying.

Happened a couple of times now and I really want to know what causes this and how I can deactivate it. I remember my old Yamaha keyboard, where I was able to play certain percussion sounds by pressing certain key-kombinations on the keyboard. Maybe this is something similar?

Any help with this would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance and best regards
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Movie Strings has AfterTouch Drums so that hard pressure on the keys after striking them will produce this sound. Useful if you want to bring in drums when playing Strings but probably not particularly useful when layered with piano. Suggest you choose a different string set.
OscarGold

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the explanation! I did not know that such a feature exists.

Did I miss this info when reading the manual? Or is it actually not described in there?

Do you know if the Movie Strings are the only instrument that come with this AfterTouch Drum functionality? Would be good to know if there are others to avoid unpleasant surprises in the future Wink
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AfterTouch can be assigned to do just about anything. The drum thing is rare. Usually the factory sounds with DNC have something useful related to the sound like a harmonica bend, a strings swell (check out most strings have some AfterTouch features).
If you get to understand Sound Mode you can add your own AfterTouch assignments. Anything that the joystick can do could for instance could be done with Aftertouch if preferred.

Last edited by Reuben on Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

not the only , well maybe ..

in the manual on page 988 it tell you about the string and drum hit ,,and tell you about all the other sound with after touch ,
i hope this help .
fahimuk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone
I have the same problem can anyone help me please?
Last 4 keys to the right side is sounding crazy..
I changed the different sounds and still is there.
Thanks guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: