Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos as an Arranger Keyboard??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
engineerjoel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Kronos as an Arranger Keyboard?? Reply with quote

Does the Kronos have the ability to act like an arranger-type keyboard; where by, it has ability to play different ‘styles’ or grooves with the bass notes following the right-hand chord progression?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos is not an arranger and neither has arranger functionality.

You can however use combi's with KARMA modules configured and these can be design to be played a bit like an arranger, however typical arranger styles and style elements are not part of the Kronos.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to put in the work, setting up the styles and fills and Karma. A lot of work.
And still end up needing some external device to make up for the gaps.

I got an external drum machine. Boss DR.880 comes as close as i need to old fashioned arranger style wth just a bass line and rhythm + fills+ intros+ endings and many variations of each rhythm part.
I don’t need chord accompaniment even though Karma can do that and also bass lines that follw the bass notes under finger.

I use DR-880 as an extension of Kronos and run it together with karma and even kronos drum track.
I use DR 880 preset patterns to drive kronos drum kits, but it still lacks the easy real time buttons to randomly bring in fills.
But there are ways to simulate that with some work prior to show time.

Karma can give you all kinds of flexible bass lines that follow your fingers. Karma can even make chord style accompaniment.
I am not sure how to get karma to follow the right hand ord progression but i suspect it is possible with some complicated setup.
I see features in Karma for 1st note only. Seems that would set Karma to follow only a certain note in a chord played and then that could drive a secnd track/timbre of bass program ptiched down to sound lower than chord notes it is responding to.
A lot more to Karma than i can understand, and good luck figuring it out if you decide to go the route of Karma. If you work it out in Karma, it will come with the benefit of types of real time pattern flexibility you will not find in any arranger.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Kronos is not an arranger and neither has arranger functionality.

You can however use combi's with KARMA modules configured and these can be design to be played a bit like an arranger, however typical arranger styles and style elements are not part of the Kronos.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

Thats almost exactly how I would reply to a new K owner about Karma .

Karma has some faint resemblances to some arranger features. But thats it.

Kronos + Karma does not = an arranger keyboard.

The arranger keyboard has the recognizable conventional styles. Its a different segment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: