Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to convert .sng files from Korg X3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linnwtwoods

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: How to convert .sng files from Korg X3 Reply with quote

Hi! I have a load of .sng/.SNG files which I downloaded to my laptop from the floppies I used in my X3.
So far, I have been unable to find any way to convert them to a format which can be heard - mp3 or whatever.
Does anybody know of a file converter within the budget of a total pauper (i.e. preferably free!) which will do the job?
TIA for any advice.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The .SNG file format is a MIDI-based set of instructions describing how to play music, largely on Korg instruments, rather than the digitised sounds themselves. The .SNG file format differs between intruments, so the only real way to reproduce the song itself, as originally played, is to load the .SNG files into the same instrument, i.e. an X3, ideally with the exactly the same soundset in the Programs and Combis as used for the orginal song.
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SNG format is only readable by korg synths. The X3 SNG files can only be read by the X2, X3, N264 and N364. If you can find one and load those files in, you can save them to Standard MIDI (*.mid) and load them into any sequencer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: