Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mountian Quest-Piano Suite
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Promote Your Music Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite impressive ellll!
Obviously you know your way around a piano, but a lot of folks can say that.
What I enjoy mostly, is the emotion, and feel, of these movements.
I was particularly struck by the second Movement, it's so beautiful, and too short. Very Happy
There seemed to be a swirling background thing going on , that distracted me somewhat, but this one stands as it is, as a brilliant, and beautiful piece of work.
I know you have more to do, so I'll just stop here, by saying, I enjoyed the journey very much.
Thanks.
Stephen
http://cdbaby.com/all/jstephenfoster

Location Central U.S.A.
beanstalk40
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely music Ellll... I enjoyed all of the pieces very much... You are very good on the Piano... my compliments...

And what I like best about each of the pieces is the sincerity that shines thru the music... authenticity is such a refreshing element to find in today's world where you can put together a song in a matter of hours...

Brilliant dynamics... as can be expected from a live performance...

My favourite is Crystal... it is divine... really touched me... beautiful!!! Smile

Thank you very much for sharing this... I feel very happy for hearing...

Cheers

Prash
AlexLOMan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just listening to the first one here.... You know what I really appreciate about your stuff Ellll is that it is not at all predictable but it's intent and direction is purposeful and strong. This keeps the listener (me) very interested in where he will be drawn next. No small task. Really good work.
Alex
DrWho
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ellll,

I am catching up on my IA fix now .. had a tough week last week. Wasn't on at all Sad

I'll be listening to some of your tunes tonite.

Cheers,

={> Art
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi friends!!!!!!!!!!! You are all so great to know....!!!

Yes, Stephen...it is a "fakey" sound made with the left hand on the bottom notes, at a DIFFERENT tempo...it was done after the reg. piano part was played..it is just an idea I may use, when I try it on a grand I will know......

I was attempting to give the effect I will score in to suggest wind, by brushing the lower strings with the left hand at certian times.... Shocked And Prash and Alex, thanks so much for your interest!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone has an opinion on the attempt at wind sound, OR..what notes maybe, to try to make a notation that would "suggest" birds???? (ON the same...(that is # 2.)..That is what the tinkly notes are supposed to be...Any Suggestions at all??)

Best Regards, ellll Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
ronbo27
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellll, I am making my way through the "journey" and it is delightful. Wish I could play like this....have heard three to date and all are great but I love Crystal. For some reason it takes me to a place and time quite a while ago and a romance that haunts me from time to time even though it`s been long a part of the past. The chord structures are eloquent, and grab at the old "heartstrings".....Hope you put it all together and add it to your CD package eh? OK!....On to the snow!
Cheers!
Ron. Very Happy
DrWho
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ellll,

OKay I finally got time to kick back and give a listen to your wonder piano tunes Smile I don't know that I can offer much feedback but here goes:

First off - they are all great in my opinion. They are all sound complete with good audio quality an execution. I liked that they were all relatively short. That made it easier to get my mind around them Smile

heights - I like how it begins, and the rumbling. The run down at 1:09 is great. What follows is not as intense as the beginning. Then @ 1:50 it hinted at a main theme / melody, but it was just a teaser.

odours - A very nice mellow reflective tune. I like the airy-ness about it and how it fades out. The whole tune went by fast.

crystal - Starts out emotional - moody, then takes on a more uppity / happy tone. This one seems to lead the listener / lead him along better. And I like the ending - nice short wrap up.

snowfield - I think this one fits its name the best. As some dark chords, but doean't seem to be heavily emotional. The chords seem to be related close to eachother. Very light touch ending.

valley and stareach- These wereprobably my least favorite. Valley reminded me more of a mountain pass. I had a harder time stayin with these.

I probably didn't tell you anything that you didn't already know. But man I which I could play and compose like that. Thanxs for sharing Smile
Downtown_Charlie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi ellll
very good indeed, there's nothing i can add that hasn't already been said.
i thoroughly enjoyed listening to this music it's original and there's no pretentiousness about it at all.
excellentissimo senor! Very Happy

slán

D C
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello My Friends,

And thanks for the kind listens...It is a pain.. at times when there is much to be done in your own lives...I am honored...

Dr Who, you are in a sense correct...I feel there is meat in the last two...But I confess to completing them too fast, and without the needed thought to bring good final results...I have already changed some of the material in each...I am pleased that you saw the problems...!! Hopefully my changes will bring them more in line with the rest of the suite...

And to DC, Thanks for your always kind comments...I always look forward to your comments on all areas...I do appreciate that you found little pretention, and I hope very much you are correct, as it much better suits my way of thinking of life and myself....

Ron, you are a friend for taking these to interest as well, and I will not forget your kindness in suggesting a CD...It is appreciated...

If I am missing any one in my listing of comments, forgive me...I am a bit out of sorts last week or so, and may have missed a particular comment...

I plan to leave them a bit longer, as someone has asked me to do so as a favor...Thanks again to all who helped and indeed, you all have helped me...!!!

My Strong Regards, ellll Rolling Eyes
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends,

In song number two, Odours and Sounds, I have removed the distracting background sound meant to suggest the wind, but not effective, rather distracting..

I am also working to clean up the last two, which a few of you found less well formed than the rest of the suite....

Again, many thanks for suggestions...!!! ellll Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Half are well scored now...but as Dr Who said 2 years ago..Valley...and Stareach seemed the least..(He was keen to say what he liked as well, and gave me some good pointers...!!)...I have re-worked some of each..and will post some time for OSAM grroup as one of mine..(Nice to do something you have already done...kinda like ch---ing...

I will try to keep from boring people on these, but they may have a temp. publisher..(small/University...'cause I know them...I suspect..)..If not, I still want the completed scores for a few friends, that want to learn them...

Should anyone from the past disagree..please say so!!!

My Regards, ellll (john) Rolling Eyes
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I implore you take your work as far as it will go. For me, I'm producing cd's that are for sale on the internet. That's as far as I've come (and sales are sparse mostly). If you can be published, go for it. I will be proud to have known you and observed the various stages in development. There are times when I much prefer this type of music over the noisey clamor of pop stuff.
album cover
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Promote Your Music Online All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: