Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA4X SPEAKERS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taichi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: PA4X SPEAKERS Reply with quote

Hi all,

Can you please help. I have the built in Pa4x speaker but would like to purchase good quality outside speakers as an option so that I could switch between the two. One for practicing and writing songs at home (built in speaker) and the other (outside speaker) for performing.

Can I switch easily between the two and if so how ?

Also can you point me in the direction of good quality outside speakers.

But most important how do I switch fom one to another.

Thanks all

Dylan
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: PA4X SPEAKERS Reply with quote

taichi wrote:
Hi all,
Can you please help. I have the built in Pa4x speaker...
Dylan
I have Pa4X and there is not a built in speaker.
Could you explain more about this built in Pa4X speaker?

Personally I use QSC K10 as my Pa system and I am happy with it.
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taichi,

I presume by built-in speaker, you mean the optional PaAS speaker. This is very easy to clip on and to remove, and it draws its power and audio signal directly from the Pa4x without the need for any further wires.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of sound of the PaAS and it's ability to cover a small venue of people.

To connect a larger external speaker, you would use phono plugs from the unit into the Audio Outputs on the rear of the Pa4X. I am actually using a Bose pro L1 Model II with 2 subwoofers and I can tell you the sound is awesome.

Hope this helps.
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
taichi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: NEW SPEAKERS Reply with quote

Yes I should have said PaAS, apologies for confusing. Started to look at the other speakers that you all mentioned so thanks. Will find a dealer for a demo asap.

The PaAS system is great don't get me wrong. When I first had my PA4X (with PaAS speaker) I pressed the DEMO buttons and the sound was unbelievable. I was well chuffed. Just like the rest of the PA4X. Best thing that I have ever bought.

So why new outside speakers ? Well I really do need to use a microphone now and the PaAS just cant hack it for me. Hissing, feedback whatever. But that is a point in passing only. Have discussed that several times here and have now moved on.

Onwards and up. Thanks guys will get back soon with new speakers and mic update.

PS A post some time ago asked for suitable STYLES for our songs that are not in SONGBOOK. Well I have some now to pass on. I write the style(s), plus notes, at the top of each piece of sheet music for reference and get some good stuff. I think that on the PA4X there is a style for most of our songs if we play around with them. Will sort what I have so far and post.

Regards

Dylan
taichi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: NEW SPEAKERS Reply with quote

Yes I should have said PaAS, apologies for confusing. Started to look at the other speakers that you all mentioned so thanks. Will find a dealer for a demo asap.

The PaAS system is great don't get me wrong. When I first had my PA4X (with PaAS speaker) I pressed the DEMO buttons and the sound was unbelievable. I was well chuffed. Just like the rest of the PA4X. Best thing that I have ever bought.

So why new outside speakers ? Well I really do need to use a microphone now and the PaAS just cant hack it for me. Hissing, feedback whatever. But that is a point in passing only. Have discussed that several times here and have now moved on.

Onwards and up. Thanks guys will get back soon with new speakers and mic update.

PS A post some time ago asked for suitable STYLES for our songs that are not in SONGBOOK. Well I have some now to pass on. I write the style(s), plus notes, at the top of each piece of sheet music for reference and get some good stuff. I think that on the PA4X there is a style for most of our songs if we play around with them. Will sort what I have so far and post.

Regards

Dylan
Mitzie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone using Korg Konnect as alternative speakers for PA4X for home practise?
seaside

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,since it first came out,best I ever had-Terry
Mitzie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Terry for coming back, very interesting because I've found no players on the Internet or anybody using Korg Konnect for a keyboard speaker-amp. -Only as a vocal or guitar amp?

Have you ever had opportunity to compared Korg Konnect with the PaAS? At least you can position them away from the keyboard unlike the PaAS and so avoid feedback problems when using a microphone.

Last edited by Mitzie on Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
taichi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mitzie for your post, I have spent all morning looking at the Korg Konnect. Downloaded manual and read the Spec. But I cant find anyone who has used it with a keyboard.

It would be good to keep your thread going (Korg Konnect). Has anyone on this forum used it with a keyboard ?

Dylan
taichi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mitzie for your post, I have spent all morning looking at the Korg Konnect. Downloaded manual and read the Spec. But I cant find anyone who has used it with a keyboard.

It would be good to keep your thread going (Korg Konnect). Has anyone on this forum used it with a keyboard ?

Dylan
seaside

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never heard the PaAS. speaker bar,because it would not suit my set-up, but previously had 2 TC Helicon Solo 150 and before that 2 Bose L1 compact.I only play at home. Terry
taichi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Terry

Regarding your Korg Konnect set up, with your PA4X, do you use a microphone ? If so do you plug the microphone into the rear of the PA4X in order to use TC HELiCON ?

Dylan
Mitzie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the interest in the Korg KONNECT I've started a new Topic to find out whose using this speaker amp and how it compares with the PaAS when connected to the Pa4X.

Thanks Terry for sharing your own experience with this product,

Last edited by Mitzie on Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
seaside

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dylan,I do not use a microphone,but any output from 1 and 2 including microphone will input to 1 and 2 input Korg Konnect,(or TC Helicon )also microphone can be plugged in directly to speakers Terry
taichi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi will some of you please, please look at this and help me switch from my PaAs speaker to an external speaker (yet to purchase) say for example Korg Konnect. I want to keep them both so have looked at manual to save you time. To sum up I want to switch between my PaAS speaker and external speakers. Trust me I have read the manual but still need your help.

Please see below.

Connecting the audio outputs
Connect the audio outputs as described in Connecting the audio outputs on page 17. If installed, the (optional) PaAS amplification system will work in parallel with the main audio outputs.
500| Audio In/Out and the Voice Processor
Choosing the audio outputs for the microphone and line audio inputs
You can send the signal entering the AUDIO INPUTS to the main outputs, or to the auxiliary sub-ouputs. By default, the main LEFT and RIGHT audio outputs are selected. ▪ Go to the Global > Audio & Video > Audio In page, and use the Audio Out parameter to choose the audio output pairs.
audio Out Meaning Left+Right Main LEFT and RIGHT outputs Out1+2 Separate 1 and 2 sub-outputs
Sending the microphone or line audio input to the PaAS
To send the desired audio input signal to the PaAS do the following: ▪ Use the Audio In parameter to select the audio input. ▪ Use the Audio Out parameter to send the signal to the main Left+Right outputs.

The microphone use is very impotant to me.

Thanks very much.

Dylan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: