Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please tell me how to make PA1000 sound very clean!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shandera

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaximK777 wrote:
Thank you so much, Shandera! I understood. If possible, please specify - have you managed to achieve good quality recording of music in mp3 in the synthesizer itself, without a computer? Thank you very much!

No. Did not work out!
Waiting for the sound card to arrive. But already upset. Somewhere on this forum saw the message. The man says he recorded mp3 through exits. The recording turned out to be of poor quality. I was completely upset ...
MaximK777

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much! I hope that with a sound card you will be able to defeat Korg and get excellent recording quality. But Korg does have more tweaks, and by default most sounds (with some exceptions) seem much more interesting to me than the Yamaha PSR975. Here at least panflute - in Korg it is alive, real, beautifully sounding - in Yamaha it is an unnatural sound, electronic. There are pluses in Korg and Yamaha. I hope that you will see and hear the advantages of Korg! But I will certainly take Yamaha. Thank you for your comprehensive answers, very detailed, you helped me a lot. For two days in a row I listened to both of these instruments in a store in Moscow. I liked the Yamaha speakers more, they have a more surround sound, in my opinion, maybe because the diameter of the two main speakers in Yamaha is 12 cm, and in Korg - 10 cm. The control of Korg through the sensor was very pleasant. But Yamaha plus also has a large number of packs with tools, which, moreover, can often be downloaded for free. More and more time to you thanks! Thank you all!
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot disagree with Shandera more strongly.

The Yamaha S975 sounds like a toy compared to the PA1000

The Yamaha quality of materials is vastly inferior to the Korg

The Korg operating system is Apple IOS where the Yamaha is Windows 10
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject: PSR-S975 vs Pa1000 Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
... Korg operating system is Apple IOS where the Yamaha is Windows 10..

.. in this context, this absolutely is not a quality criterion. In such a comparison a clear, fair and detailed comparison based on the usability, user experience and specific functions of the respective operating Systems is necessary. So I think with catchphrases you both are using no fair comparison is possible, as sound is a matter of taste - everyone has to decide for themselves.

Both devices for me have an outstanding sound, but most important seems to be a balanced mix of sound quality and functionality that allows intuitive use of an instrument.

I would prefer Pa1000, because its keyboard has aftertouch, so it is another class of arrangerkeyboards as S975 without this key controls.
Next I would prefer Pa1000 are its three upper tracks (Upper1,2,3) whereas with S975 there only are two (Right1,2).

Pa1000 also has extensive editing functions for sounds, a full-fledged sample editor and an easy-to-use, powerful songbook - all of which are functional features that are missing from the S975 and perhaps maybe simplify its usability, but overall lack in the functionalities i need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PophNYJQrB0 --> from Bonners (THE ULTIMATE COMPARISON)

I think it is the musicianship of the player that counts more than the machine. My preference is for the Pa1000 - although S975 has just as good sounds in some areas, but especially the piano is disappointing in my opinion.

PS: Would like Live-Control functions and Half-Bar fills of S975

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Shandera

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should not extol this or that brand.
I just expressed my opinion! I got enough negative experiences with Korg. The experience with Yamaha is only positive. For Yamaha, online a lot of high-quality content, which is available for free. On Korg, nothing good can be found for a Russian user! There is no support in Russia. There is no complete instruction in Russian. Everything else is a matter of taste. I switched on Yamaha, twirled it a little and started to play with maximum pleasure. On Corge, you have to suffer a lot. Build quality and plastic on Yamaha better. This is for me. Everyone chooses himself. I do not want to say that Korg is no good. It's a matter of taste. I just shared my opinion and it may not coincide with yours.
Shandera

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaximK777 wrote:
Thank you very much! I hope that with a sound card you will be able to defeat Korg and get excellent recording quality. But Korg does have more tweaks, and by default most sounds (with some exceptions) seem much more interesting to me than the Yamaha PSR975. Here at least panflute - in Korg it is alive, real, beautifully sounding - in Yamaha it is an unnatural sound, electronic. There are pluses in Korg and Yamaha. I hope that you will see and hear the advantages of Korg! But I will certainly take Yamaha. Thank you for your comprehensive answers, very detailed, you helped me a lot. For two days in a row I listened to both of these instruments in a store in Moscow. I liked the Yamaha speakers more, they have a more surround sound, in my opinion, maybe because the diameter of the two main speakers in Yamaha is 12 cm, and in Korg - 10 cm. The control of Korg through the sensor was very pleasant. But Yamaha plus also has a large number of packs with tools, which, moreover, can often be downloaded for free. More and more time to you thanks! Thank you all!

Glad if it helped.
The quality of recording on Korg is very low. I hope the sound card will help me.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shandera wrote:
I think you should not extol this or that brand.
I just expressed my opinion! I got enough negative experiences with Korg. The experience with Yamaha is only positive. For Yamaha, online a lot of high-quality content, which is available for free. On Korg, nothing good can be found for a Russian user! There is no support in Russia. There is no complete instruction in Russian. Everything else is a matter of taste. I switched on Yamaha, twirled it a little and started to play with maximum pleasure. On Corge, you have to suffer a lot. Build quality and plastic on Yamaha better. This is for me. Everyone chooses himself. I do not want to say that Korg is no good. It's a matter of taste. I just shared my opinion and it may not coincide with yours.

This is a KORG forum, not one for a Yamaha or Roland etc

If you do not like your Korg then I suggest you cut your losses, sell it on and buy a keyboard where you have undertaken thorough research that its features match your criteria since it is obvious that the Korg does not meet your requirements.

Good luck finding your solutions.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: extoling brands Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
.. is a KORG forum, not one for ...

It is interesting to discuss the pros and cons of Korg-Arrangerkeyboards compared to other brands and there will always be different opinions. But it has absolutely nothing to do with whether this happens in a Korg-, a Yamaha-or a Roland-forum - I think it is expendable to point out producers forum in that context.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Shandera

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:

This is a KORG forum, not one for a Yamaha or Roland etc

If you do not like your Korg then I suggest you cut your losses, sell it on and buy a keyboard where you have undertaken thorough research that its features match your criteria since it is obvious that the Korg does not meet your requirements.

Good luck finding your solutions.

I did not say that Korg is good for nothing. I said that he is not as good as he shown. Especially for Russia! But I also said that any instrument has disadvantages. I just want the manufacturer to try to eliminate the shortcomings more quickly. And support was in all countries where there are official representatives.
Sell Korg and buy another tool. It is not profitable. Even if you just brought the tool from the store, it is already 35% cheaper. So here! Therefore, I just buy Yamaha and I will have a full set.
Shandera

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brought my sound card. Before you buy it, I decided to clarify. I'm new to this business, and there are professionals among you. Will the external sound card give the best recording quality? Or will it be the same as on a flash drive? The flash drive is written mp3 48000/256. The card supports 192 000/320. At the outputs of Korg signal higher than 48000/256? What I hear from the speakers of Korg is better than what is written on the USB flash drive. I ask for a professional answer! The the card is worth my salary.
MaximK777

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shandera wrote:
Brought my sound card. Before you buy it, I decided to clarify. I'm new to this business, and there are professionals among you. Will the external sound card give the best recording quality? Or will it be the same as on a flash drive? The flash drive is written mp3 48000/256. The card supports 192 000/320. At the outputs of Korg signal higher than 48000/256? What I hear from the speakers of Korg is better than what is written on the USB flash drive. I ask for a professional answer! The the card is worth my salary.
Shandera - hello! You can help on the forum http://www.videomax.ru/forum/topic68146_post2240613.html#2240613,
 http://www.videomax.ru/forum/yamaha-psr-s975-korg-pa1000_topic69414.html,
 http://sintezator-online.ru/forum/glavnyj-razdel
Shandera

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaximK777
Not. Can only help here!
MaximK777

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shandera wrote:
MaximK777
Not. Can only help here!
Shander - good afternoon! Can you please tell me - did you buy a sound card after all? Connect it? Have you achieved good recording quality?
Shandera

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaximK777 wrote:
Shandera wrote:
MaximK777
Not. Can only help here!
Shander - good afternoon! Can you please tell me - did you buy a sound card after all? Connect it? Have you achieved good recording quality?

Not. I decided to buy Yamaha PSR-S775. I will have the perfect combination of 2 tools. They perfectly complement each other! Already ordered. Coming soon!
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did not like the sound of a PA1000

Yet now you have bought a Yamaha 775 which is a competitor at the PA1000’s cheaper version the PA700.

Before I bought my keyboard I played both the Yamaha 775 and the Korg PA700 back to back in the same store switching from one instrument sound to another on each keyboard, primarily those of the various pianos and organs

In every case I found that the Korg was vastly superior to the Yamaha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: