Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Left Hand "Lower" Sound (Possible to Freeze/Hold?)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottyee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Left Hand "Lower" Sound (Possible to Freeze/Hold?) Reply with quote

Hi, is it possible to LOCK (freeze/hold) the left hand "lower" voice sound? I'd like to be able to switch between different keyboard sets yet retain the same left hand "lower' sound without having to store the same lower sound for each and every keyboard set I might want to switch to/from. Thanks.

Scott Cool
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is no lock for Lower Voice Sounds.
all 4, Lower and 3 Uppers is part of Keyboard Set (Performance).
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
scottyee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik. Thanks for confirming what I suspected. A little disappointing as it means having to reassign & save the LOWER sound for each of the factory keyboard sets (4 each). oh well <sigh>

I generally like to hear the left hand chords I'm playing live (typically piano or other keyboard instrument sound) when performing so the ability to freeze the LOWER Voice when switching between factory keyboard sets would be cool. Perhaps Korg might consider adding a Lower Voice lock feature in a future OS update. Wink

Now trying to decide whether it makes more sense to create & store & then call up custom USER Keyboard Sets in the Keyboard Set Library or edit each of the 4 factory KB sets from the song stored in the 'Songbook' instead?

Scott Sounds Good
jeanloop

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Global > General Controls > Lock > Lower don't work ?
scottyee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeanloop,
Wow THATS great news. thanks so much for posting to inform me that the PA1000 indeed supports easily locking the left hand “Lower” sound. I tried it and it works just the way I had hoped. I can start with a “My Set “Keyboard Set which has the Lower voice activated on and assigned to piano. I’m then able freely select any 4 kebosrd sets of any style (factory or custom user) while maintaining the lower piano sound throughout. It’s then quickly & easily to simply press the global button to unfreeze LOWER again.

Scott Cool
Dnj

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Good luck with your KORG arranger.... wow was I surprised that you changed camps from Yamaha. I am sure you will be very successful once you learn the Korg OS...if you need help just shout..

take care
scottyee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dnj,
How you doing? Having a lot of fun with the new Korg Pa1000. Sounds Good I initially planned to get the Pa4X but got an offer I couldn't refuse for it's baby brother. So far, it's hitting all the right buttons for me. Impressive live performance sound, yet so lightweight & compact including built in speakers.
Assuming the Pa5X will be out in a year or so, I trust the Pa1000 will keep me more than satisfied until then. Scott Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: