Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sysex & Program Managment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RubbaDubbaDoo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Sysex & Program Managment Reply with quote

As I demo through 1,000's of programs for the Triton Extreme I would like to save the ones that are appealing to me. This allows me to build banks and library's based on sounds that I am most likely to use in production.
The most simple and free way I have found to do this is to dump the single program via global mode using Bome Send Sx. I then name it and save it on my computer.
The problem comes when I try to load the program back into the Triton.
It loads into the same bank and slot number it was dumped from.
What I want is to be able to select the slot for the program to go to on the Triton, click the send button on Send SX and have the program sent to the program slot selected on the keyboard.
What is instead happening is that the program goes to the slot it was originally.
Example:
I find a sound I like. say Program Bank A Slot 007.
I dump that program via global single program dump.
I save the dump to my computer.
I want the sound in Program Bank B Slot 027.
So I set the keyboard to program bank A Slot 027 and send the sysex message.
The program gets sent but ends up in Program Bank A Slot 000....
Is there any way to get the sysex to send the program into a bank/slot that I specify?
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're kind of reinventing the wheel here...

There are a number of good programs for librarian functions such as you describe that will allow you to vett, select and build a bank of your favorite sounds as easy as drag and drop.

And, oh yeah, they're free or donor ware.

Look for:

LeLibby - java format librarian for the full triton range (it will run on mac or PC with java run environment).

PCGTools - for triton and now Kronos (and I think a couple of other korg models using .pcg as a file extension -- PC only as of the last time I looked.

TritonLib - PC based librarian.

Any of these will let you save to any bank, reassigned correctly, and will save to a disc for load or as a new .pcg for download via midi or usb.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: