Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg MicroX On/Off button not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skyscape

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Korg MicroX On/Off button not working Reply with quote

Hi, I was given a secondhand MicroX as a birthday present - and it appears to be in very nice condition - however the On/Standby button doesn't toggle properly - if you turn it on, it just turns straight back off again, unless the button is held in. I opened up the unit to take a look inside and I couldn't get inside the button. It's a really annoying problem because the synth seems fine except for this cheap little bit of plastic that isn't staying on! Anyone got any tips? I tried duct taping the button down but after a couple of minutes of play it pops back out again - so that's pretty useless. I'm thinking I might need to replace this whole board https://www.instrumentalparts.com/klm-2679.html - but everywhere I've looked it seems to be discontinued or out of stock. Anyone got any suggestions on either where I could pick up a board like that, or a new button, or fixing it?
Thanks heaps Smile
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First try a squirt of switch cleaner/lubricant, like Servisol Super 10, or its Deoxit equivalent, between button shaft and switch housing might help to free up the latching mechanism. Alternatively replacing the switch (look for manufacturer markings on the switch), or soldering a jumper wire across the contacts that are closed when the switch is pressed in, to keep it permanently on.
skyscape

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions, I don't have much experience with electronics - but I guess it's time to learn. If I rig it up so that it's permanently on and turn it on/off by removing the power cable is that likely to damage the synth at all?
babarosa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: Korg MicroX On/Off button not working Reply with quote

Since 20+ years in my rack all of my synthesizers (their own power buttons are always in the on position) are switched on and off using a "Power Manager" like this one https://www.conrad.at/de/power-manager-boos-rc-5-steckdosenanzahl-5-998577.html, also my Korg X50.

I never had any problems doing so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: