Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sng to midi?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonicclang

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: sng to midi? Reply with quote

Is there a program out there that can convert sng files from my Trinity to midi? My wife wrote a bunch of songs over 10 years ago and saved them on floppy to sng. Since that time her keyboard has become non functional. Portions of it work, but the floppy disk drive is dead.

Short of buying a Trinity to get the files converted, what are my options?
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject: sng to midi Reply with quote

sng to midi
they have usb floppy drives!!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5-Portable-USB-2-0-External-Floppy-Disk-Drive-1-44MB-For-Laptop-PC-Win-7-8-10/202382335246

then export the sng data to your computer.

and floppy drives are still out there too to replace the bad one!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CompUSA-3-5-Internal-Floppy-Drive-1-44mb-720kb-NEW-SEALED-IN-BOX/332841716529?

or just convert over the korg to flash media with this
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5-Internal-Multifunction-Floppy-Disk-Drive-and-Memory-Card-Reader-480Mbps/153030486038?
Current Gear: korg m3 expanded radias firewire 88 key Radias r on mat, korg radias r on mat on 61 key bed, Korg triton rack w 96mb ram scsi port, 5) korg RADIAS-R on big rack, korg kaossilator pro plus, 6) roland integra7, 4 Roland sc55, 2 roland sb55, 5) fostex 2016, behringer fx2000, 2) roland a800 pro, 2) roland a88 and 2) a49, roland juno, Doepfer MAQ 16/3, 2 Manikin Electronic Schrittmacher, most soft synths. cake walk all old and new versions.
3 schecter guitars, 3 elevenracks, most mxr effects, 2 zoom r24, avid pro tools 11.
MRT midi Breath Controller. 6 studio rooms.
sonicclang

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: sng to midi Reply with quote

I have a USB floppy drive for my computer. I was able to save all the files from her old disks. Backed them up in multiple places. Now I'm just wondering if there is software anywhere that can open the SNG files so I could convert them to midi.

Based on the links you posted, are you saying the drive in the Korg is just a normal floppy drive? So I could just stick a regular drive in there?
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What else is wrong with the Trinity besides the floppy drive? (You mentioned portions of the Trinity work). I think many have replaced the floppy drives relatively easily, but it also depends on your other problems, if any.

Otherwise if you wish I could load them into my Trinity and save them out to Std MIDI file (smf) for you.
sonicclang

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timo wrote:
What else is wrong with the Trinity besides the floppy drive? (You mentioned portions of the Trinity work). I think many have replaced the floppy drives relatively easily, but it also depends on your other problems, if any.

Otherwise if you wish I could load them into my Trinity and save them out to Std MIDI file (smf) for you.

Timo, sorry I just saw your reply now! There are a lot of problems with the keyboard. There are keys and buttons that don't work. Honestly, at this point it's been so long since I looked at it I can't remember the issues.

But if you would be willing to try exporting the sng files to MIDI that would be incredible! I have the files on OneDrive. I can send you a PM and link to them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: