Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Can I Configure the Pa1000 for Mono (Audio) Output?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottyee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: How Can I Configure the Pa1000 for Mono (Audio) Output? Reply with quote

Does the Korg Pa1000 support Mono (Audio) Output?

Though the onboard speakers will (hopefully remain) in stereo, I have a situation coming up where I need to go out to a single mono PA speaker as well.

I realize the Pa1000 has two 1/4" audio output jacks for left and right channels. On my Yamaha Tyros 5 Yamaha arranger, plugging a single cable into the Left output jack alone (marked as L/L+R) combines & directs audio from both left & right channels to the left output jack alone.

The Pa1000 manual makes no mention of being able to do that so what's the best way to go out mono on the Pa1000? Thanks.

Scott
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: How Can I Configure the Pa1000 for Mono (Audio) Output? Reply with quote

scottyee wrote:
Does the Korg Pa1000 support Mono (Audio) Output?

Though the onboard speakers will (hopefully remain) in stereo, I have a situation coming up where I need to go out to a single mono PA speaker as well.

I realize the Pa1000 has two 1/4" audio output jacks for left and right channels. On my Yamaha Tyros 5 Yamaha arranger, plugging a single cable into the Left output jack alone (marked as L/L+R) combines & directs audio from both left & right channels to the left output jack alone.

The Pa1000 manual makes no mention of being able to do that so what's the best way to go out mono on the Pa1000? Thanks.

Scott

Just use the Left output.

The 1000 and 700 output is only stereo if both sockets are used so you should find the the Left output is combined.
scottyee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: How Can I Configure the Pa1000 for Mono (Audio) Output? Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:

The 1000 and 700 output is only stereo if both sockets are used so you should find the the Left output is combined.

Biggles, a Big thanks. I had initially checked the 'audio outputs' section on page 14 of the user manual didn't see outputting in mono mentioned, but now look again ,this time searching on the word "mono" and found it covered on page 17. Laughing Embarassed

When going out mono as you described, will the onboard speakers still continue to be in stereo?

On Yamaha arr.keyboards, mixing to mono degrades (phase effects cancellation) some of the instrument sounds due to Yamaha's big reliance on using stereo effects on many of their samples, so when mixed to mono, the sound becomes thin and lifeless. I'm hoping that Korg's instrument sounds don't suffer as much when mixed to mono. Anyone with experience going out mono care to chime in on this?
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you use the output sockets the inbuilt speakers continue to operate, essentially they become monitors.

You have to switch off the inbuilt speakers within the Settings if you do not want them.
al urezzio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:47 am    Post subject: mono out Reply with quote

i am not sure this is right for you but its something i do when i play small places & use one self powered cabinet ..i use a , , 2 male 1/4 "/ phono to 1 1/4' /phono female ..placing it into the right & left output then just a regular cable 1/4" male on each end to go from the female into your cabinet ..hopefully this will work ...
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: mono out Reply with quote

al urezzio wrote:
i am not sure this is right for you but its something i do when i play small places & use one self powered cabinet ..i use a , , 2 male 1/4 "/ phono to 1 1/4' /phono female ..placing it into the right & left output then just a regular cable 1/4" male on each end to go from the female into your cabinet ..hopefully this will work ...

You do not need to do this a regular single mono 1/4 lead plugged into the Left channel of the PA and the other end into your powered cabinet speaker gives a combined Left and Right ie Mono, signal into your cab.

Internally the PA gives a combined L & R output signal via the Left jack socket if only the Left socket is used.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: