Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arturia Pigments
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear - I'm not looking to argue - I just felt you were under representing its capabilities a bit. When I downloaded it, it honestly bolded me over. I was up till 4am playing with it Smile

I hope you're right thought - and also hope that this is the beginning of a new 'platform' that Arturia expand into the future in an Omnisphere kind of way.

The chances for that are fair - Arturia have developed multiple versions of all their plugins to date; while their 'Lab' environment have also been enhanced significantly over the years.

I was just looking to emphasise that I do think as is, this is a seriously impressive software synthesizer. It's genuinely going to become important in my work.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked it as well and will not buy it, although the UI is among the best I have seen in a long time.

The reason I don't need it is simple: after already using Serum, Synthmaster and Massive (and other wavetable synths), I fail to hear much overhwelming new sonic territory from Pigments. Already using the mentioned synths and Omnisphere, I don't see much room left for something like Pigments in my personal use.

Anyways, to all Pigments buyers: have fun with it!
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With that arsenal of plugins - you likely do not need Pigments! Smile (I have Omnisphere but the others you mention I don't have but would also love to acquire). Too many to buy !!!
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, no argument from me that it is an amazing synth on all levels, from sound to polyphony to programming. With my previous post I just wanted to highlight that hardware offering will always be vastly more expensive due to elements such as physical filters and control surfaces. I've yet to buy a physical filter that costs less than $200aud new (and that was for purely the filter, no follower or amp and not including the weirdarse Synthrotek Dirt thing I resently got). My 2-Pole was $350 so I can imagine how much adding 16 2/4 pole stereo filters adds to the cost of the Quantum. There is something about the sound of analogue filters that is unattainable with digital emulations of them and I feel that will drive the continued sale of instruments such as Waldorf's and Sequential's offerings. Maybe Wink

What would be great is if Arturia was to port it to a mobile platform, making it available in far smaller footprint than required for fullblown computers and laptops, processor power requirements permitting. (Though I still love physical noodling, if only it didn't take 15min to set up complex patches with my current work environment!)
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: