Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOW TO AVOID BEING RIPPED OFF BY RECORD LABELS   ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: HOW TO AVOID BEING RIPPED OFF BY RECORD LABELS   ? Reply with quote

While Ringo was surfing the net, he came across this following post that is of great interest, and is really worth checking out.

http://www.computermusic.co.uk/tutorial/ripoff/1.asp

The guys that put this together are part of “Future Publishing”, their mag is called Computer Music. So all credits go to these guys for assembling such a detailed story.

Big thank you in fact.

Sharp.

ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi..
Just saw this about music protection, and thought it may be well to mention, anyone may be hit in some way, often by simple mistake or misunderstanding. This can happen in religious groups easily...as you trust too much.

I have written for special services at churches, and a few times at a very large church. I consider the music to be mine unless it is contracted to pass to their ownership, but I sometimes forget to cover myself. There is a REASON for copyright...I know...

I lost a Christmas program in S. Fl. that I went down to prepare, and I just never questioned ownership, as it didn't seem important...I just forgot it for the time...It was several years ago..a small church ..

A bit layer, I wanted a tune (I had not kept the material, as it was not all on my O1W disk system), and when I wrote I was informed it was under THEIR copyright, and they were not selling it at present, so I couldn't use my own tune...(of course in reality, I could; I am very small and no one would ever know but me, but it did not seem right to do so..however, they never were concerned for my rights, were they?)

Seems they were putting in a big studio, and going into writing and selling modern gospel, ect..a field where a lot of money is being made it seems, (but not by me....!). They I assume, are re-writing any and all material they have archived, for the profit in this growing field..

This was a church, remember.....

Regards, ellll
John Hendry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the information... Reply with quote

Did not realize the growth in salvation music was growing as fast as it is. They must have something wrong in their words/understanding if they do not respect contract rights. Maybe they should be listening to the Beatles music instead. I have observed this problem in sharing the UFT with people as they scramble to "discover" my work sent to them.

There is a huge "white-hole" waiting for the right words in music to fall into. People want to know "why".

Thanks!

John^^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Classic Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: