Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What sounds/samples/rythms best suit my music taste?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zuon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:00 am    Post subject: What sounds/samples/rythms best suit my music taste? Reply with quote

So, I've recently received an 88 key Triton Extreme in the mail and... I don't like any of the sounds. It all appears to be geared toward hip hop and club music, which I'm not particularly fond of (except for maybe "happy hardcore" techno music.)

The music genres I prefer are the following:
- Old 50's and 60s soul and rock and roll (The Beatles, Elvis Presley, The Temptations)
- 70's rock and pop (The Eagles, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Earth Wind and Fire,)
- 80's rock, pop, and metal (Guns and Roses, Bon Jovi, Pat Banatar, Genesis, Cyndi Lauper)
- 90's alternative, rock and pop (Matchbox Twenty, Backstreet Boys, Aerosmith, Wilson Phillips)
- 2000 to 2004 alternative punk, pop, and rock (Vertical Horizon, Bowling for Soup, The Killers, Poets of the Fall)

So, I am very new to the world of keyboards like this, and don't know where to begin when searching for samples, patterns, rythms, backing tracks, etc. I'm hoping someone can make my life easier and recommend a few downloads I would like? Free is preferred, but I can spend money on things I really take a liking to.

Any recommendations?
johnxyz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - have you tried Ebay for sounds? Also Korg website may have link to some.

Extreme is loaded with sounds... surely there are plenty in there for your purposes?!

john
magilla66

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: What sounds/samples/rythms best suit my music taste? Reply with quote

The TEXes do way more than what you’ve described.

If yours is truly limited to just those kinds of sounds, it would be very odd that none of Korg’s factory patches are present.

Combo and Program buttons.

Each selection has letters A through N options.

Each letter should have up to 128 individual patches.

Can you access these, and if so, they are all undesirable patches?

T
Korg Module/Module Pro
Nektar Panorama T6
magilla66

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: What sounds/samples/rythms best suit my music taste? Reply with quote

The TEXes do way more than what you’ve described.

If yours is truly limited to just those kinds of sounds, it would be very odd that none of Korg’s factory patches are present.

Combo and Program buttons.

Each selection has letters A through N options.

Each letter should have up to 128 individual patches.

Can you access these, and if so, they are all undesirable patches?

T
Korg Module/Module Pro
Nektar Panorama T6
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of recommendations.

First, consider the history that you're looking at and the keyboard of the era. Example: 60's keys were limited to 3 main ones - Hammod Org, Fender Rhodes and Piano. Late 60's add Wurlitzer, Farfisa, Mellotron and miscellaneous orchestral instruments; Tower of Power or EWF Horns... very different from Penny Lane piccolo Trumpet.

Next, because some tunes you'll want to play have those signature sounds, start making a list of what songs you want to play and what instrumentation (not just keyboards) you want to cover. For example a guitar sound that would be great to cover The Police (mild distortion, delay, chorus, long reverb) might not be suited for Bon Jovi or G'n'R. Sellect your pallate based on those lists.

Lastly, take advantage of two key tools - one, look at a librarian for Triton sounds and don't be afraid to overwrite sounds (once you've saved your current sounds). Use the librarian to organize sounds by type, or by decade, or by song title, or by set-list. What ever works best for you.

The other tool is the huge bank of sounds available here. You don't need to download samples unless you want to... there are easily a couple of thousand sounds posted to KorgForums. With a bit of creative shuffling you can have a hundred sounds of any given type to select from or jump off to edit.

If you go at is systematically, you can get exactly what you need.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duplicate post deleted.

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: