Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG PA STYLE LISTER
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom04

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject: KORG PA STYLE LISTER Reply with quote

Hi,
I just finished a little tool, written in ACCESS2010, which

- reads a complete STYLE Folder form a saved SET
- puts all entries into a table (list) with Stylename, number, page, and filename
- sorts the entries by filename, number, stylenumber
(or you can right-click into any stylename and choose "Sorting A-Z", so you have all entries sorted by filename to find duplicates easily)
- prints the list to a printer
- exports the list to Excel and RTF (Word)

You can read more than one folder into the table. Because each filename is stored, you can see the different sourcefiles.
If the table becomes too large, delete it and read again.

You start by double-clicking on the ACCDE file. A confirmation prompt from ACCESS appears and you have to accept it.

To read a folder, open the SET folder in the Openfile-Dialog, the open the STYLE folder and doubleclick on one of the STY-files.

You can download and try here
http://www.gfdatanet.de/korg_pa_style_lister.zip

you don't need a full version of ACCESS2010, you can download a free runtime-version from Microsoft
https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=10910

I know, there are newer versions of Access, but this is the one, I am most familiar with and it works with less problems than the newer ones.
Installing the 2010-runtime beside a newer version is possible.
A convewrsion to a newer version by one of you would be appreciated.

So I hope it works and you will have the same fun as I do.
bensel46

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the file is only suitable for the 64 bit version of Access. Maybe someone can convert it to a 32 bit version.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bensel46/videos
Tom04

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the important reply, I will change it immediately.
Ron

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will give this a try. Thanks for sharing.
Tom04

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
now the ZIP-File contains two versions, one for 32bit the other 64-bit.
Hope it works now.
Enjoy it.
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great. What would be great is something simular for keyboard sets and what sounds are in them.
bensel46

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works now.
Tnx for sharing.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bensel46/videos
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject: Fw: Notification Reply with quote

Tom04
great job it works perfect keep up the good work, if you can go into a style and read just the name,, can you not, then copy the data with it until you get to the next name, the files would be bigger but then you could move styles around,, then you can write it back as a new set. You could open two ACCESS copy paste between them both..

again great works ..
Tom04

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi duby,
I myself would like to do that, but it's really not so easy as reading the stylenames out of the frontblock of the file.

I got all my information to manage this by comparing files in a hexeditor and counting and analyzing bytes. Thats possible with titel-strings but not with hex-blocks without knowing the datafile structure.
If anyone has more and safe information about this, I would give it a try, but cutting and pasting blocks without knowledge could be very dangerous for our instruments. Any help from Korg is appreciated, but as far as I know, they didn't even give informations about the sysex-parameters to program the effect-region of the Midiland OPTIMZER.

All I (we) want to manage can be done by the Korg-PA-MAnager, but I refuse to allow a continous internet connection during app usage. What for?

My little tool helped me, to get a fast overview over all my styles, to find doubles and to compare with other sets, that I didn't load til yet.

I made a full " ALL SAVE TO " with the factory data unprotected, then load this SET and my DIRECT-Set.
A right-click on a stylename sorts alll entries in alphabetical order and I can see, what I have and what can be deleted.
After exporting to Excel I put some colour to the Sourcefilenames and use the sorting-functions of Excel.
Additionally I read some more SETS, for example the factory SETS from the "International" version and the PA3X, and I can compare and decide before loading missing styles.

Remains a lot of work, I enjoy it!
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject: Fw: Notification Reply with quote

Tom04
you do know more about this than I do but just say if you have an empty set no style's and all read it in the hex editor , you might see how the structure is and then just make one style loaded in look at the hex editor you will see the ending of it then add one more style that might give you a pattern of how they do it.. What I say might be incorrect I'm just guessing at all this.. And as far as I know, Korg-PA-MAnager the Internet connection obviously is to check if it's a legal copy...
Happy new year to you is a great work thanks again..
Tom04

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi duby,
only one more sentence about PA-Manager. Checking a legal copy is ok, but this can be done in 1 second during startup, as far as I understood, they want a steady connection during worktime. Why??
I will try your idea Wink
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:57 am    Post subject: Fw: Notification Reply with quote

PA-Manager
they will say they are checking your workflow to see how they can improve their product, and you are right it just takes one second to check for legal copy..
maripe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very useful , thanks
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice little tool!
About pa manager now , i had the same thoughts at first about constant connection but then asked in their customer support to see why is that and they said that it needs constant connection as the protection of the program communicates with the server exchanging data needed for the program to complete specific functions (anti piracy)..
I researched a little bit and this is the future of protection i believe now..
Also i asked about if anything of my set gets uploaded and they said no which i confirmed given that the data transfered are measured at few kb each time, in case that is what you are concerned about.

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the Korg Pa Manager for a while but not anymore unfortunately since they do not support the Mac version, just useless for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: