Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome EX or Kronos SE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shahab

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: Krome EX or Kronos SE Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm about to make a choice on one of the two: Krome EX or Kronos SE. I currently own an OASYS 73 and Pa4x but the sound libraries on the OASYS are a bit too old compared to my Pa4x; let alone Krome or Kronos.

What are the main differences between the two? Shall I spend more on the Kronos or what?

Thanks in advance
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, no comparison there. If you already own top of the line Korg products, like Oasys and PA4X, Krome surely wouldn't satisfy you.
As for their differences, those two products aren't even in the same league.
Kronos is a flagship and offers absolutely everything, while Krome is slightly above entry level and offers essentials. On Krome you won't find sampler nor user sample playing ability, Krome has significantly worse keybed than Kronos, Krome has only one engine while Kronos has 9.
The only thing Krome does have better (or shall we say different) than Kronos is sequencer. Krome's sequencer is piano roll type, while Kronos' is old school sequencer, exactly the same as on your Oasys. Of course, having a user friendly sequencer doesn't justify losing everything else Kronos would offer you.
So if you have the money, go for Kronos.
Or, for the price of one Kronos, you can buy three Kromes and pretend you are Yanni.
shahab

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Shrike,

You explained what I exactly needed.

Now if I go for Kronos, there is a Kronos LS which offers softer keys than the normal Kronos. Any comments?

Cheers
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos LS has specific keybed, only in 88 version. So, if you do not like or want weighted keys, found on Kronos 73 and 88, but would like synth action keys instead, you should really try both Kronos 61 and Kronos LS. Because when it comes to keys, nobody can answer you what is gonna be good for you. And no, Kronos LS and Kronos 61 DO NOT have the same key action.
For example, while I do admire Kronos greatly and would like to have one, Kronos 61 has keys that TO ME are horrible (ephasis on this "to me", this is just my personal experience and opinion, many musicians find keys on Kronos to be just right). But my only point of comparion here were keys I had on my Triton Extreme, which were Yamaha keys and were perfect.
So, you really have to try for yourself, if there is an option for that in your local store.
If I were forced to shop either unit without prior tryout, I would go for Kronos LS, if nothing else then for the fact it has 88 keys.
You should really ask in Kronos section of the forum and see if there is any musician who played Kronos 61 and Kronos LS.
If you aim for weighted keys, just go for it. RH3 action is great.
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos LS has specific keybed, only in 88 version. So, if you do not like or want weighted keys, found on Kronos 73 and 88, but would like synth action instead, you should really try both Kronos 61 and Kronos LS. Because when it comes to keys, nobody can answer you what is gonna be good for you. And no, Kronos LS and Kronos 61 DO NOT have the same key action.
For example, while I do admire Kronos greatly and would like to have one, Kronos 61 has keys that TO ME are horrible (ephasis on this "to me", this is just my personal experience and opinion, many musicians find keys on Kronos to be just right). But my only point of comparison here were keys I had on my Triton Extreme, which were Yamaha keys and were perfect.
So, you really have to try for yourself, if there is an option for that in your local store.
If I was forced to shop either unit without prior tryout, I would go for Kronos LS, if nothing else then for the fact it has 88 keys.
You should really ask in Kronos section of the forum and see if there is any musician who played Kronos 61 and Kronos LS.
If you aim for weighted keys, just go for it. RH3 action is great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: