Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Krome coming - Few Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tgwaste

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject: New Krome coming - Few Questions Reply with quote

Hi,
Will soon be a Krome owner and had a few questions:

1> I assume if I compose with the sequencer the only way to get a recording (wav/mp3) is to use another source for recording. Can this be done via USB? IOW: Can I USB to the keyboard and record the sequence with my MAC via Audacity (or whatever)?

2> Samples: Ive been playing around with Kromatic and it seems self explanatory. Once I load the samples in the Krome I can set up which keys trigger them right? Can I use keys in a combination split to trigger them as well?

I understand that when I reset the power to the keyboard I need to load the samples again. Is that done automatically as long as the card is inserted? I wont need to remap the keys I use or anything right or do I need to do all of that each and every time I turn on the keyboard?

3> Why the 19MB Max sample size in Kromatic? Is that a Krome limitation or can that be increased via software someday?

4> Whats the recommended Micro SD card for internal use? I may just replace it right off the bat with something better.

Thanks in advance.
tgwaste

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answering some of my own questions:

1> No, USB doesn't send audio (unfortunately). I think it's stupid that at the time this keyboard was made there wasn't a 'To WAV' function for the sequencer. Must had been omitted purposefully.

2> Yes on all accounts. Actually works pretty good. Can even load the samples Program over and over on different timbers and using the transpose to assign individual samples to separate timbers. I have not been able to get the samples to work right via drum tracks, they play but fade out very quickly and don't complete. But oh well, multi-samples works fine.

3> Still don't know this.

4> Still don't know this.
stale

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only need a 4GB Micro SD Card, but it is usually cheaper to buy a 16GB card. It needs to be Class 10 and the higher the read\write rate the better.

I have used this card before, but I am not sure you can still get it. A little research will find a good card, just need a fast read speed.

PNY Turbo Performance 16GB High Speed MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Up to 90MB/sec Flash Card - P-SDU16GU190-GE (OLD MODEL)
prgtrdr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: New Krome coming - Few Questions Reply with quote

tgwaste wrote:
Once I load the samples in the Krome I can set up which keys trigger them right?

Yes

tgwaste wrote:
Can I use keys in a combination split to trigger them as well?

Yes

tgwaste wrote:
I understand that when I reset the power to the keyboard I need to load the samples again. Is that done automatically as long as the card is inserted?

Yes

tgwaste wrote:
I wont need to remap the keys I use or anything right or do I need to do all of that each and every time I turn on the keyboard?

Multisamples from Kromatic act just like any other voices on the Krome.

tgwaste wrote:
Why the 19MB Max sample size in Kromatic? Is that a Krome limitation or can that be increased via software someday?

It's a Krome limitation, probably set by Korg to make sure Krome doesn't cannibalize Kronos sales. That said, it may be higher for EX, waiting to see when someone tries it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: