Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos LS keyboard problem - sinking keys - design problem?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xtatty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
looks like you bought the LS.
whats your experience so far ?

So far, I'm loving it!

At last, i have a Kronos with a full sized keybed and no hammer action!
Coming from 76 (Triton Extreme) and 73 (M3) keybeds, i had to make compromises to be able to use the K61 i previously owned. I was always missing the extra keys. For the history, i first bought the K73 with hammer action and after a year i replaced it with the K61. The keybed of the K73 was to hard for my fingers, plus i couldn't play some organ stile phrases and do glissandos.

The keybed of the LS has faster return than the K61 and i find my self to be able to play faster than i did before. Also, it is true that the velocity is easier to control. I now get better dynamics. I have the velocity curve setting in the Global Mode at 4. With the K61 i had to adjust it to 5, in order to be able to get some descent dynamics.

The fact that it doesn't have After Touch doesn't bother me, because i never used it.

The only downside is the extra weight added, about 4Kg more than the K61. Still, it is lighter than the K73 i had. Also the extra size is a bit difficult to handle during transportation. You win some, you loose some. Very Happy

I still haven't had any issues with the keybed like the ones discussed in this thread.

Regards,
xtatty
Internal USB & LAN:
- Wireless Lan (WL-330N3G)
- Wireless USB keyboard receiver (Logitech)
DCMUSIC3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Youtube user has reported the same problem after just 5 months of use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLSmST9eC84&lc=Ugzxjrz6nwU5Wdh9cUN4AaABAg.9-fg36swYOM90Oixu9wrkp

Perhaps it's time for Korg to acknowledge this fault.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck getting a repair on the LS. I have been waiting for a single "D" key since June. I am in the US and it appears that Korg can't throw a key in a padded bag and mail it to me. Really has me dismayed with Korg's repair support.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronnfigg wrote:
Good luck getting a repair on the LS. I have been waiting for a single "D" key since June. I am in the US and it appears that Korg can't throw a key in a padded bag and mail it to me. Really has me dismayed with Korg's repair support.

I would be completely pissed.

write to the CEO and let him know how lame this is
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
ronnfigg wrote:

I am pissed. I've had very little experience dealing with Korg repair, and this is irritating. My first Kronos (original release) died and Korg replaced the entire device and restarted the warranty clock. And they did this all in a timely manner. I guess with the original release they were concerned with image. I'm wondering how long it will take Behringer to clone the Kronos. That might be an option!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronnfigg wrote:
GregC wrote:
ronnfigg wrote:

I am pissed. I've had very little experience dealing with Korg repair, and this is irritating. My first Kronos (original release) died and Korg replaced the entire device and restarted the warranty clock. And they did this all in a timely manner. I guess with the original release they were concerned with image. I'm wondering how long it will take Behringer to clone the Kronos. That might be an option!

you have been on these boards as long as I have. I am not shy about writing to the CEO in Tokyo. You waited long enough for a solution. IMO, go to the top.
Copy the top dude in KOr USA, too.

Let me know if you need help getting action from these people.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Greg. Where can I find the contact info for those people? I've been in touch with Korg US support and they have been cordial and timely. But that's about it. Time to climb the ladder.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronnfigg wrote:
Thanks Greg. Where can I find the contact info for those people? I've been in touch with Korg US support and they have been cordial and timely. But that's about it. Time to climb the ladder.

I think so. In business, I learned that its best to escalate when things are not getting done.

I believe that Korg USA might be in the pecking order for all the US service locations.

Contacting Korg USA:

316 S Service Rd
Melville, NY 11747
631-390-6500
Sales: Sales@korgusa.com
Product Support: support@korgusa.com
Customer Service: customerservice@korgusa.com
Phone : (631) 390-6800
Hours : Monday-Friday 10:00am - 6:00pm
PRESIDENT, KORG USA: JOE CASTRONOVO

Korg HQ:
President Seiki Kato
Director Makoto Kato
Director Makoto Kobayashi
Director Tomoko Kosaka
Director Sakae Yoshinaga
Address
Head Office
4015-2, Yanokuchi, Inagi-shi, Tokyo, 206-0812, Japan
Tel: 042-379-5771 / Fax: 042-379-5773
Sales Branches/Japan Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Fukuoka

Suggest contacting all the above US contacts with a factual email or letter on the poor LS experience.
If nothing tangibly happens in 3 weeks, here in the US, write/fax a letter
to Korg HQ, Tokyo , contacts above.

I am confident you will get action since I believe Korg is concerned about its reputation.

Let me know how it goes.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
ronnfigg wrote:

I think so. In business, I learned that its best to escalate when things are not getting done.

I believe that Korg USA might be in the pecking order for all the US service locations.

Contacting Korg USA:

316 S Service Rd
Melville, NY 11747
631-390-6500

Korg HQ:
President Seiki Kato
Director Makoto Kato
Director Tomoko Kosaka
Director Sakae Yoshinaga
Address
Head Office

Suggest contacting all the above US contacts with a factual email or letter on the poor LS experience.

I am confident you will get action since I believe Korg is concerned about its reputation.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks Greg. As I said I've already been in touch with Korg USA support. I guess I'll try Sales and Customer Service. No direct contact info for Joe Castronovo or Seiki Kato. I guess it'll have to be snail mail for Seiki Kato and hope he has an open door policy. Trying social media also, but I don't put much faith in that. I have found the part referenced on Syntaur.com, but when attempting to buy, it has a warning about the part being on back order with an expected arrival date on 11/6/2019. BTW- I'm in your neighborhood- over here in Sac.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronnfigg wrote:
GregC wrote:
ronnfigg wrote:

Contacting Korg USA:

316 S Service Rd
Melville, NY 11747
631-390-6500

Korg HQ:
President Seiki Kato
Director Makoto Kato
Director Tomoko Kosaka
Director Sakae Yoshinaga
Address
Head Office

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks Greg. As I said I've already been in touch with Korg USA support. I guess I'll try Sales and Customer Service. No direct contact info for Joe Castronovo or Seiki Kato. I guess it'll have to be snail mail for Seiki Kato and hope he has an open door policy. Trying social media also, but I don't put much faith in that. I have found the part referenced on Syntaur.com, but when attempting to buy, it has a warning about the part being on back order with an expected arrival date on 11/6/2019. BTW- I'm in your neighborhood- over here in Sac.

Yes, you have already worked the regular process for months. The problem with these generic email addresses, is they get swamped with 100's of emails every day. Yours will get buried. forget social media.

If it were me, call Castronovo. The personal approach. Then write him a nice letter. FedX it, etc.

Then sit for 3 weeks for action.
Poseidon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 2 videos that has been posted recently:

Korg Kronos LS sinking keys PART 1 (PROBLEM)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NASbpCfh6x0

Korg Kronos LS sinking keys PART 2 (SOLUTION AND RESULT)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6kfPSBkfHw
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is this a manufacturing defect or a design flaw? If so is Korg going to own up to it and make it right? It would be interesting to see how many 88LS units suffer this condition.
xtatty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronnfigg wrote:
So is this a manufacturing defect or a design flaw? If so is Korg going to own up to it and make it right? It would be interesting to see how many 88LS units suffer this condition.

If it is a design flaw, all the LS models will have the same problem after a while.
If it is a manufacturing defect, only a few number of keybeds will suffer with this problem.
So, time will tell or let's hope that Korg will answer our questions.
Internal USB & LAN:
- Wireless Lan (WL-330N3G)
- Wireless USB keyboard receiver (Logitech)
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when the LS owner in the video removed the 1st uneven key, I was surprised by the construction of the plastic key.

I know it has to be light weight but it does not look like a solid key construction.

I am not a key bed design person by any stretch, but the video left me with a perception or question about longevity.

Its a $3500 keyboard. Not a $100 midi controller.
Coleharrisonmusic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My LS is beginning to exhibit the same problem. One key (F4) is sunken and bouncy, a few other high traffic notes are starting to show signs of wear as well. The problem key looks exactly like DC's video, so I'm sure it's the same issue with the metal tongue carving out the plastic of the key, as identified and fixed with epoxy by Max Music on YouTube. I haven't taken mine apart yet to confirm.

I bought the board used in 2017; I've probably put another 1500-2000 hours of active playing on it since then. I don't think the problem is caused by heavy-handed playing, because I use the top few keys to trigger drum hits and I hammer them hard, but only a few times a night, and those keys are fine. Seems like the LS keybed has a pretty short half-life and the more repetitive action an individual key gets the sooner it will fail. Interesting that a number of us are all experiencing the same problem at roughly the same time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: