Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SOFTWARE WISH-LIST for FUTURE PA models (OS only)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niki_Keyz

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven’t looked but I’m pretty sure it’s been mentioned by someone else. Please bring back the volume sliders on the screen for the drums, bass and accs. I really hate having the mute button on the screen instead of the volume sliders. It makes no sense to remove them and have them the way they are.
arjen_1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to have a 'normal' arpreggiator for the upper which can be used in style and sound mode. The Kaoss arp is just too limited. Also proper DAW integration is needed. An easy fix would be a DAW template in songmode with a copy fx for A & B from any style or program.

Last edited by arjen_1 on Sun May 24, 2020 2:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
arjen_1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niki_Keyz wrote:
I haven’t looked but I’m pretty sure it’s been mentioned by someone else. Please bring back the volume sliders on the screen for the drums, bass and accs. I really hate having the mute button on the screen instead of the volume sliders. It makes no sense to remove them and have them the way they are.

I happen to like the mutes instead of volume sliders. The latter are physically present; mutes aren't. (which I regret, since they are invaluable for EDM)
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:36 am    Post subject: Midi and slider bars Reply with quote

Request: (1) Organ drawbars able to send and receive midi CC's (2) Modes A/B to have expanded CC options

Drawbar mode: does not send any external midi out, so it is not possible to use the physical drawbars (in drawbar mode) to control external organ modules/software such as the IK Multimedia B-3X

Modes A/B: some of the optional assignments in the Pa4X will send external midi (eg Upper VCF cutoff and resonance, Joystick X and Y movements, and a few others). It is also possible to assign CC12 and CC13 (which is perfect in that the default for drawbars for bars 1-2 of the B-3X upper settings is also CC12 and CC13). But then the Pa4X CC assignment options run out! Very restrictive - why can't all the other unassigned CC be available as options for assignment to Slider modes A/B to control external equipment? Modes A/B have much greater potential to control external equipment generally, it would be very good if Korg could please address this midi deficiency.
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: Midi and slider bars Reply with quote

pa4x_user wrote:
Request: (1) Organ drawbars able to send and receive midi CC's (2) Modes A/B to have expanded CC options

Drawbar mode: does not send any external midi out, so it is not possible to use the physical drawbars (in drawbar mode) to control external organ modules/software such as the IK Multimedia B-3X

Modes A/B: some of the optional assignments in the Pa4X will send external midi (eg Upper VCF cutoff and resonance, Joystick X and Y movements, and a few others). It is also possible to assign CC12 and CC13 (which is perfect in that the default for drawbars for bars 1-2 of the B-3X upper settings is also CC12 and CC13). But then the Pa4X CC assignment options run out! Very restrictive - why can't all the other unassigned CC be available as options for assignment to Slider modes A/B to control external equipment? Modes A/B have much greater potential to control external equipment generally, it would be very good if Korg could please address this midi deficiency.

I would say this is a subset of the need for ALL sliders, knobs and screen display elements to be user definable for ANY value.

I’d also like to see a user designable screen with whatever control elements (sliders, buttons, rocker buttons etc.) the user wants, laid out the way the user wants, labeled the way the user wants, able to send whatever MIDI the user wants (including sysex strings), programmable per Songbook entry.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:49 am    Post subject: wish Reply with quote

ok

Korg here's an easy one you could play MP 3 and karaoke files now let's play MP 4...

If the pa 5 does not have MP 4 player in it ,,, i for one will not buy it...and a bigger screen and lighter weight ...

A couple people here said there is very little difference between the pa 3 and the pa4,,, and they are right..

I have a pa 3 and a pa 4 and side by side they don't sound much different,,, yes there is more samples that sound great but not that much difference,,
yes more ram for sampling.

but that about it or just a little here and there ...

If you ever look at the seminars of korg and look in the audience when they pan the room they are all old people with money not many young kids buy a expensive keyboard like this pa4..

It's almost like I could take a cheep laptop , to play all of my midi, MP 3 ,and mp4 and a cheap Casio keyboard with generic rhythms to play all the other garbage,,

I want to PA 5 to give it to me all in one package,,,,

Very Happy
Nick G

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Graphical sliders in the mixer page need to be longer/taller in length on the screen (they are too small and crammed beneath rows of other items, makes it very hard and delicate to move virtual sliders using the touch screen)

2. Sync/start for the Song player is missing

3. Step sequencer and/or piano roll editor (for both song and multi pad creation).

4. Basically what Roland's make up tools can do - being able to adjust the velocity, volume, EQ, tuning (transpose and octave) of individual drum parts within a single drum track in the sequencer mode...

5. Re voicing of all drum parts in a drum track (realtime) - again Roland Make up tools...

6. More insert effects (enough to cover all panel voices at least)

7. An actual arpeggiater (KAOSS is good but not enough sorry)
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would see an option that automatically turn on VP effect when I press left hand side of the keyboard (only lower sound can be heard = accompaniament is OFF).

Above can be achieve but only when accompaniament is ON.
asanz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject: Cloud and more... Reply with quote

I would suggest to get into the cloud era asap. Of course this means adding a hardware feature to connect the PA to the internet (cable & wifi).

The advantages are clear:

1) Automatic OS updates and patches as current computers and mobile devices do.

2) A cloud service from KORG maybe for free or by paid subscription to get access to copyrighted material, with a huge database of curated styles, Keyboard sets, sounds, drum kits, MIDI so songs, etc...

3) An intelligent audio/video file/url cloud analyser which processes it and looks for the best styles & keyboard sets to play the song the user submitted, among those resources residing in the KORG cloud. This will also give KORG valuable info about which songs its customers look for.

4) A cloud store/marketplace for resources (styles, key sets, sounds, drum kits, songs) similar to the app stores.
galambjozsef
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject: OS v3.2+, ........... Korg@Paolo Reply with quote

Some suggestions, shortcomings. I’ve written about these before, but I don’t know if the manufacturer or developer paid attention to it!
Up to a later OS version (v3.2.x, v3.3.x)

- Multi PAD synchronous start (as with YAMAHA)
// Automatic start of prepared MULTI PAD in style with synchronous start option! (and for MIDI file) //
- MULTI PAD start and stop midi command

- The numbering of the USER drum icons (DK1, DK2, DK3), as with the USER sounds, for easier orientation! All three only have DK!

- Assign at least 1 MIDI channel to an MP3 file to use midi commands
// controlled via external midi, either light technology or external effects processor //

- Save BPM tempo for MP3 file in SongBook, BPM delay for save for microphone effects to follow the tempo of the song (or save manually)

In SongBook, Pa3x had a SELECT button to confirm entry selection. In the current OS of Pa4x, if I select another entry while playing, it immediately switches, which is confusing in many cases!

//
Sorry for the translation, I use Google Translate!
- QSC TM-16
- EV EKX-12P - EV EKX-15SP - VoiceSolo FX150
- EV ELX200-10P
- Neumann KMS105 - Rode M2
- https://www.graydove.hu
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I’ve written about these before, but I don’t know if the manufacturer or developer paid attention to it!

Did you write to Korg? Remember that these forums are NOT officially linked with Korg.
We do know that Korg view the forums but there is no obligation by them to reply or respond - if you want reaction, you need to write to Korg.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
galambjozsef
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject: contact email Reply with quote

I don't know exactly who to write to. I could get an email address for KORG developers, thank you!
- QSC TM-16
- EV EKX-12P - EV EKX-15SP - VoiceSolo FX150
- EV ELX200-10P
- Neumann KMS105 - Rode M2
- https://www.graydove.hu
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: contact email Reply with quote

galambjozsef wrote:
I don't know exactly who to write to. I could get an email address for KORG developers, thank you!

This would be a big thing. From the other side, I wonder why developers don't deliver such contact form.
My imaginationa about Korg is like a big company, closed in glass boubble, without access from outside (also with the client's feedback)
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems most formal "Korg" websites have contact & support details:-

https://www.korgusa.com/contactus
https://www.korg.com/it/support/contact/
https://www.korgmiddleeast.com/support/

etc...etc...
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:22 am    Post subject: Slider position vs actual volume Reply with quote

When any style/songbook etc is loaded, movement of the relevant slider (volume) will immediately jump (up or down) to the slider position.
This is unfortunate for when you want to change a slider (volume) during any performance for example:-

You choose a SONG whose LOWER part loads at volume 45 BUT your physical LOWER slider is fully up - the second you touch that slider the LOWER volume level will jump to that high slider position - very very annoying.

I would love the PA4X to have a LED level indicator for each slider and a slider "catch" option like the Roland Jupiter-80 - it means you will never get sudden jumps up/down when adjusting a slider whilst performing.

(I'd love this on my Kronos too)

Pete Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: