Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem report - NEXT-V3.0.1 ONLY (NO WISH-LISTS!!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asena
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realy hard to proof that we have some issues with pad sync.
After al its god that more people than me have this on their 3.1
I hope this can be solved soon.

I also saved some styles with new names, after reboot names was erased. Rolling Eyes
Komplete Kontrol s 61 mk2
Korg Kronos 2
Yamaha Montage
Nektar Panorama 61
TC-helicon VL2/Novation SL MK 2/IPAD/IMAC2015/
Macbookpro-Ssd 2018/Imac2015/Logic ProX/Mackie1608/Neuman/HS8/Komplette10HDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2/Allen HeathQU16/SoundCraft EFX12/YAMAHA MG12//
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager3.0
Pops

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Shutdown while using Creator Bot Reply with quote

I installed OS 3.1 the day it was released. I had not encountered any problems until last night while using Creator Bot. The MIDI file was successfully created but as I selected OK to save it, the screen dimmed and then the Pa4x turned off.

After restarting, I used the Creator Bot on the same MIDI file and it converted the file as before, then turned off once again. I restarted, performed the same operations but this time it was successful and did not turn off.

Definitely something weird going on...
Pa4x76Int.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Shutdown and restart on Style Rec: ELEMENT TRK CONTROLS Reply with quote

I have on my pa4x76 OS NEXT v.3.0, Today I have tryed to Edit One Factory Style in Style Rec: ELEMENT TRK CONTROLS, and my Pa4x has restarted...
Thats no go KORG...Pa4x Professional Arranger!!!
I have Tyros 2 for 10 Yars no little problem with OS...
Im disapointed from KORG Pa...
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Today I have tried to Edit One Factory Style in Style Rec: ELEMENT TRK CONTROLS, and my Pa4x has restarted...

Please assist here and supply the name of the factory style, exactly what you were editing and at what point the PA4X restarted - also the OS level (are you 3.0.1?)

Thanks
Premier:--- Mid 90's Genista
Yamaha:--- DTXtreme IIIs
------------------------------------------------------------------
Pa4x76Int.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Style was Latin Jazz Band, my OS is v.3.0.0 I want to saw Expression values for this Style and restart...

Frend who have instaled v.3.0.1 his pa4x is restarted at the middle of a Gig for 150 Peoples...and now is return at v.2.2...
Marco Filipe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:49 am    Post subject: Korg pa4x faults in relation to pa3x Reply with quote

I bought this week the korg pa4x. I loved the pa3x and all its possibilities but I had to buy the new one because mine was already a little old. I am a little sad and worried because there are very important functions missing in the pa4x.
- 3rd master effect on FXB
- select option button on songbook
- When I select a song in the songbook, it changes the sound I'm using in the keyboard set. which completely spoils the passage from one song to another. I need the option for not doing that (like pa3x) the button Style to KBD Set It's supposed to do that in songbook too.
-assignable switches always change when I turn the keyboard back on
-assignable sliders always change position when I switch the keyboard back on
-write global - style Play setup (like pa3x) would be a good option to be able to record as we want the keyboard to start
-the various shift button shortcuts

I have already researched forums and there are many complaints about these topics.
please make an update where we can have these options. They are really very important. I'm korg's lover but there are options that exist in previous versions that we can not miss.
thank you
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Marco

I am just rushing off to work so apologies for a very quick response.
Firstly, these are not bugs

I think most of your concerns are covered by:-

GLOBAL lock settings
"My Setting" button
"Style to KBD SET" button

Please have a look in the V3 (E18) manual at these features.
I too have come from PA3X - there is definitely a learning curve and the PA4X OS is new.
The basis of the PA4X stems around SONGBOOK and KEYBOARD-SETs

Please continue to ask though if you cannot find solutions to your concerns

Sorry for speedy reply.

Pete Very Happy
Vex

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely PAD SYNC bug persists in 3.01 and is is annoying!
And this is annoying ,too :
When selecting style in Song play mode and going to Style play mode - style reverts to last used in Style play mode. This BUG still exists on 3.01.
It can be seen when PAD lock is ON. When PAD lock is OFF that bug cannot be seen!
the_boss81

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If not already writen:

1. "Talkover" sometimes turn on when not wishes...
2. I think, the gate (TC HElicon) sometimes in auto mode work not correctly

but generally I find the 3.01 successful Smile
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Changed sounds in kbdSet completely spoils the passages Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
.. these are not bugs. I think most of your concerns are covered by ...

Hello Pete,
if changed sounds in kbdSet completely spoils the passages also for me is to clarify and why not to prevent by a proper OS.

Also basis of previous Pa-systems are Songbook and Keyboard-Sets - that is nothing new, apart from KbdSets that previously called Performances, but with more options and more efficiently (StyleChange).

Most concerns of Marco seems not to be covered by locks, mySetting or StyleToKbdSet of OS-new-V3. I think insufficient function of StyleToKbdSet causes the concerns. Concerns also are mine and as it looks unfortunately, there is no solution for it by LockKbdSet.

With Pa3x it did not happen spoiling passages from one song to another in case of selecting sb-entries with type style.
SingleTouch with indicator OFF was made for this. Same is valid for StyleToKbd Set - renamed but redesigned to always set KbdSet#1 before next song. Redesigner obviously had forgotten, with selection of sb-entries also sb-type Styles are used, that always does not start from a song with templates, but can be changed in a running song with soft transition of leaving untouched sounds of kbdTracks.

So playing styles from sb-entries nothing has to do with "what songbook is made for" or "always has to start a song with kbdSet#1", because there no song will be started but a style is changed with sb-entry to get a soft-transitioned passage with kbdTracks without changing its recent kbd-sounds - as described, as expected, as we already had.

KbdSetLock unfortunately only lock KbdSet#1-4 und would wish, if this my assertion really would be wrong! But did not get any serious information about this.
What really would be most important would be, this function KbdSetLock reliably would prevent to activate any of kbdSets#1-4 when selecting sb-entry with entry-type style.
So it would be possible to get a soft-transition as we had (Pa3x/800/500 ..) and is described in manual (Pa4x, V3.0) "using the songbook": when choosing an style-based entry, it will select a style and switch to the style play mode.

This really is nothing like "starting a song with kbdSet#1" and so it is most important to get soft-transitions with sb-styles, NOT TO ACTIVATE ANY OF KBDSET#1-4 in that case!

If Pa4x does so with its OS-New-v3.0 - it is ok; if it does not, why did you think it is no bug?
armaan

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject: Korg Pa4x Versioin 3.1 restart issue Reply with quote

My Pa4x restarts for no reason. Details:

I have created a custom beat in 4/4 time signature. Programmed drums used factory VintageKit 1 Amb, Percussion: Sampled audio (stored in User sample section), Bass: JB Finger BsDN1, Acc 1: Natural Nylon (Guitar Track) - Guitar track is used in acc 1 - 3. Pads 1 to 3 Guitar track. I have programmed intro 1 to End 3. The beat works fine but when I play arpeggios after ten minutes or so the keyboards acts funny: the keyboards shuts down and restarts automatically while I am playing. This happened several times.

In the Global Section, the auto power on/off is turned off. It should not restart the keyboard even if it is turned on because I am using the keyboard.
Vex

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one restart from "itself" situation in the middle of playing on gig... Was switchin' from one style to another and suddenly heard loud cracks and pops, display dimmed and keyboard was in self reset mode. Power supply was normal, only pa4x gone rogue...
keysman

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vex wrote:
I had one restart from "itself" situation in the middle of playing on gig... Was switchin' from one style to another and suddenly heard loud cracks and pops, display dimmed and keyboard was in self reset mode. Power supply was normal, only pa4x gone rogue...

Very worrying Shocked
Hence I'm sticking with V2.2
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vex wrote:

That sounds very much like a hardware problem. My PA1XPro did similar things and it turned out to be the touchscreen

Pete Very Happy
Vex

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Vex wrote:

That sounds very much like a hardware problem. My PA1XPro did similar things and it turned out to be the touchscreen

Pete Very Happy

After that did dozen gigs, except known bugs ( described in my earlier posts above), restart did not happened again.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: