Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem report - NEXT-V3.0.1 ONLY (NO WISH-LISTS!!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject: I'm getting concerned Reply with quote

Pa4x76Int. wrote:
Style was Latin Jazz Band, my OS is v.3.0.0 I want to saw Expression values for this Style and restart...
Frend who have instaled v.3.0.1 his pa4x is restarted at the middle of a Gig for 150 Peoples...and now is return at v.2.2...

I've tried hard but cannot replicate this problem - sorry
Why is my PA4X different? Perhaps I could load mine with your data and test it for you?

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
Premier:--- Mid 90's Genista
Yamaha:--- DTXtreme IIIs
------------------------------------------------------------------
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting concerned that I am unable to reproduce several of these reported bugs on my PA4X.

NO!! I AM NOT SUGGESTING THAT THEY DON'T EXIST neither am I arguing.

I only want to help and try find solutions.
This above issue is a classic example of a problem for Pa4x76Int in this case and I cannot reproduce it hence I can't help or even empathise (well I empathise respectfully but wonder about why my PA4X is different).

I am concerned that Korg software developers and support engineers are possibly having the same frustration.

It is critical for Korg to fully understand problems and have micro-detailed problem descriptions where ever possible - examples and etc....

I don't doubt that bugs exist and I can replicate some of them but many, I can't.

This "Shutdown" problem is VERY serious - I am wondering if someone can replicate it on a pure virgin 3.0.1 (no personal data!!)
I cannot replicate it at all.
This is the best situation for Korg otherwise they would need everyone's personal data in order to try find some of these bugs.

Hoping for an update VERY soon

Pete Very Happy

Last edited by karmathanever on Tue May 14, 2019 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
kleant

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To replicate PAD SYNCH Bug choose any factory style which have a combination of HIT and SEQUENCE PADS. Start the Style and Play first the HIT PAD and select after an SEQUENCE PAD you will hear that the SEQUENCE PAD will go out of the SYNCH! If you cant replicate this Pad problem as I explained than sorry no hard feelings but you should not be in a position to give advice for other users!

Now for the Restart issues its a little complicated since nobody knows why it comes suddenly but I think you can replicate the issue by having 2 OLD .SETs each 300Mb or more with user samples and loading them from any USB, first Load the first set and play a little after a while load the other set on top and do the same all over you will see that the keyboard after some loading will restart it self OFF/ON this can happen suddenly even if you are not loading anything, can be in a middle of a gig as some other users have mentioned or by using other functions.

Just to make it clear at least the above bugs are not present on V2! PADS work as they should and RESTART OFF/ON without user consent never happens (At least for me)!

Why Korg is not fixing this bugs this is a big question in my opinion they have been reported and explained a tons of times since the latest update of the OS v3.0.1 released.

Sorry but a little disappointed Sad
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kleant wrote:
To replicate PAD SYNCH Bug choose any factory style which have a combination of HIT and SEQUENCE PADS. Start the Style and Play first the HIT PAD and select after an SEQUENCE PAD you will hear that the SEQUENCE PAD will go out of the SYNCH!

So here is my point - I have just (again) played a style with a combination of HIT and SEQUENCE PADs I Started the Style and Played first the HIT PAD and select after an SEQUENCE PAD and it syncs fine - I also tried to start the SEQUENCE PAD completely out of time with the style - no problem.

So before you make statements like
kleant wrote:
If you cant replicate this Pad problem as I explained than sorry no hard feelings but you should not be in a position to give advice for other users!

Please at least give detailed instructions - what STYLE? what PADs? What VAR were you playing? ....otherwise it is impossible to figure out where the problem lies.

Give me something to test - if Korg are going to fix it, they will need more detail than this!!!

Pete Very Happy
kleant

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please understand that I'm just trying to help and get some attention about this bugs so they can get fixed soon rather than later that's why I'm a little harsh on my comments so no hard feelings, but still I fully stand by my statements that people who really don't have any idea of the problem should not give misleading instruction on how to fix OS bugs if they don't know about it in the first place because instead of helping they are making the problem worst by misleading and giving completely wrong instructions or impressions even if they have good intentions.

Now about the pad synch problem I have given very clear instructions on a previous post how to replicate it on every factory style and I did write that the above problem does not happen on OS V2 so its clearly an Os 3.0.1 bug which can not be fixed from users by changing parameters etc this is wrong... An OS bug can only be fixed from Korg by OS update.

I have made a little clip with description which shows the Pad-Synch bug in action.

View it here;
https://vimeo.com/336986409

Just to make it clear;
YES its the latest NEXT OS V3.0.1
YES a Factory RESTORE has been made prior to this
YES nothing custom user resources has been loaded

For some Factory styles the PAD SYNCH is more aparent than the others but i have tried on several friends PA4X on all have the same BUG so its not only in mine! For the custom user resources the PAD SYNCH is even more bad.

If you thinking of replying with some excuses or stupid instructions please save it for your self not needed all we need it's an Bug free Pa4X Next OS!
garabed02

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have discovered the same bug as kleant plus another one I have declared long time ago but still present after all updates. This bug is only present on pa4x. See the link

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tdNgVNHfZ0llKmxNGWIsRzCuaq_0L1Tx

to reproduce it :

select a piano sound
play a chord for example and maintain the sustain pedal
change the sound for a lead with portamento and see what's happening

it happens on both keyboard set and event, when you use upper 1 for example.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot reproduce this at all performing EXACTLY as your video but I DO HAVE V3.0.1 whereas yours is V2.

Upgrade and see if it still happens.

Let us know please....

Pete Very Happy
garabed02

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete. Thanks for your answer Smile
I am already with the lastest version of the OS and this happens from the moment I have bought the pa4x.
I have already did a factory reset, not load any samples etc... and my friend can reproduce the same thing.
Could you please show me Pete with a video how you are trying to reproduce this bug ?

Many thanks!
Regards
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am unable to video but here is a detailed description of what i did (please let me know if I missed anything here):-

In STYLE PLAY mode
Select KEYDOARD-SET>>Factory>>Piano>>German Grand
Played the piano - sounds fine
Selected the KEYBOARD-SET>>Factory>>Synth>>Distortion Synth
Played and it sounds same as your video
Played notes and chord with sustain pedal held down
With the pedal still down, selected the KEYBOARD-SET>>Factory>>Synth>>Distortion Synth again
Released the pedal - Distortion Synth sounds the same
Pressed the SHIFT and Start as per your video AND THIS CHANGES THE SOUND
WHY ARE YOU PERFORMING THIS STEP???

Also repeated this using the "Hybrid Synth" as per your video - had no changes in sounds at all.
I tried the same process with other portamento synths but none of the sounds changed
Also tried your example in SOUND mode with no problems.

Here is something to try:-
Ignoring sustain and piano etc......
Just select the KEYBOARD-SET>>Factory>>Distortion Synth
...it plays perfectly
Now Press SHIFT+START (panic reset) and it will change but why would you do that???
This is an unpanic key combination - who knows what it resets......
So, the only time my keyboard synth sound changes is when I press the SHIFT+START panic reset

Please let me know if I've misunderstood here at all....

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
garabed02

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete

Thanks for your tests Smile.
So yes, you are doing the exact same thing as me but I just want to know, are you using the screen while selecting keyboard set or you are pressing the button keyboard set and select the sound ?

Yes when you press shift + start stop, it will also change the sound but the portamento effect will be back to "normal".
It is really strange you cannot reproduce it.

Between, can you let me know if you are selecting the keyboard set German Grand, play notes and chords, change the sound to a mono portamento sounds, it sounds like the effect of the piano changes at the same time ? I dont know if you understand me. The best way is if you can make a video Smile but no problem if it is not possible.

If there is anyone else who can test, it would be great. I know I am not the only person with this bug.

Best regards
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Garo

This is going to look like a copy-paste but I have seriously done this again and followed EXACTLY your video (using screen KEYBOARD-SET selection)
and....

In STYLE PLAY mode
Played the piano - sounds completely normal
Selected the KEYBOARD-SET>>Factory>>Synth>>Distortion Synth
Played and it sounds same as your video - complete with portamento and FX
Played notes and chord with sustain pedal held down
With the pedal still down, selected the KEYBOARD-SET>>Factory>>Synth>>Distortion Synth again
Released the pedal - Distortion Synth sounds EXACTLY the same with portamento and FX as before - plays the same!!!!

I am still completely baffled why you hit the panic button which really does destroy it.

What are you hearing that seems wrong? I am deducing from your posts that you are not hearing portamento - is that right? I hear the portamento in your video.
When you play the Distortion Synth at 0:07 and 0:23 what is it that is bothering you? - you play the keys differently at those points but the portamento is there.

I just cannot get it to go wrong and I've tried other portamento KEYBOARD-SET (synths) sounds.

Quote:
Between, can you let me know if you are selecting the keyboard set German Grand, play notes and chords, change the sound to a mono portamento sounds, it sounds like the effect of the piano changes at the same time ? I dont know if you understand me. The best way is if you can make a video Smile but no problem if it is not possible.

I am selecting the EXACT same sounds as your video
Note that when you sustain a sound and change KEYBOARD-SET the FX will load from the selected sound so your "sustained" piano will get an FX hiccup

The PA4X does not have SST (Smooth Sound Transition) like the Kronos so what you are doing with the sustain pedal in your example is OK except don't expect smooth transitions - PA4X just does NOT have that - different FX will affect the transition from one KEYBOARD-SET to another.

I am still very puzzled why you press the panic sequence - on my PA4X it destroys (significantly changes) the Distortion Synth sound which, otherwise, works correctly all the time.

I will try a video if I can. To try and compare apples with apples, what style was selected?
Also, your video is OS2 and my PA4X is OS3 so it is not a true comparison.

Sorry I can't help so far but I cannot produce any problem other than when I press the panic sequence???????

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
garabed02

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete,

Why do you say I am on OS 2 ? I have installed OS 3.1 and this is the OS 3.1 shown on my video.
I will try to make another video whith a better explanation as soon as I can.

I know that sound transition is not smooth like Kronos but this problem happens only with few sounds (mostly Piano), that's my point.

The Panic button make back the sound to normal but it modify other settings I know.

Regards
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - yes OS 3.0.1 - what was I thinking!!!???

OK another video might help - I just cannot understand or identify any problem.

I copied your video example exactly - sorry - it's very hard to identify any issues at all and I still do not fully understand what it is that you are trying to fix.

I repeat my question "...When you play the Distortion Synth at 0:07 and 0:23 what is it that is bothering you? ...."

....just trying to help but really and truly not understanding the problem....

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
armaan

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Mono legato feature is not saved to a sound Reply with quote

I added mono legato to a sound, saved it to a user slot, exited the sound edit page, recalled the newly edited custom sound and the legato function was not saved. Went back to sound edit page, played the sound the legato was there. It seems once you save the sound, exit the sound edit page, the legato feature is not saved to the newly created custom sound.
garabed02

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete,

I have recorded another video to show my issue :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-FGANhWxrCZ-wSI70Pb0sHvGYiVPVzXG/view?usp=drivesdk

I hope it's more clear with it Smile
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: