Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1st reaction to Italian F Grand
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think so it's the Italian F piano on the SE.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: 1st reaction to Italian F Grand Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
Is this the new piano that comes with the Kronos SE?

Yes.

Compared to the Kronos 2, the Kronos 2 SE adds:
-- EXs 21 -- SGX-2 Italian F Piano
-- EXs 272 -- Kapro Showcase

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every SGX Piano program has access to “piano type” list .
It is a list of 64 slots with every Piano type that kronos offers.
Austrian grand is on the list but i never purchased it.
So i selected Austrian grand as a piano type for my Berlin grand Piano and there was no sound. It says Austrain grand or Italian but has no sound. I set it back to Berlin or Japanese or German and i get sound.
The samples are not there, just the reference to the samples and name for the Austrian piano type slot.
Italian Grand the same, is there as piano type named but only in reference and not with the actual samples.
Every Piano type slot is filled, all 64...or is it less than 64? So no room for more to be added but the slots include Austrian and Italian already, should you decide to buy and install the samples..

Does this mean we can delete the related EX libraries for Pianos that do not actually have samples sounding out on Kronos?
Maybe not. The “piano type” list in SGX may be relying on the EX library referencing data to fill its slots. And the related piano type info could be removed from the “piano type” list in SGX if its EX library is deleted from disk mode and autoload.

Easy test is to delete the library on a duplicate PCG loaded or remove it via global sample manage list and then have a look at the SGX program “piano type” list to see if changes happen.
If unwanted changes happen, then load back the original PCG who’s duplicate was altered.

I did an auto load setup of Preload, and two added EX libraries from Korg shop, and then some User sample files, then i did a “Save All” for that and then removed everything from my auto load list and added only the KSC file from my latest save all. Even factory preload was removed from Auto load.
And that custom “save all” file had all my preload, extra EX libraries and User samples content merged into one KSC file.
So i now load only that one KSC file with a custom name and i have full factory content and my custom samples plus the extra EX libraries from Korg shop.

There is a lot of flexibility for sample management and auto load files and that added to Disk mode file management flexibility.
As long as you make backups to disk mode of every version of loadings you use and manage, you can try any kind of unload, delete, add or remove in global mode sample management.
No need delete or remove any EX files in disk mode. Just remove in Sample management of global mode and then save the end result as a custom PCG or “Save All” file. If you do not like it in the end, you can load the original version back from its place of being backed up in disk mode.

Of course only what you have backed up in disk mode will have a place of being backed up in disk mode. No shame in stating the obvious and repeating it a few times like a broken record. Especially when it means well against risk of costly mistakes waiting to happen in file and sample management projects.
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok first you are completely ignorant to an intelligent conversation and you have no solutions everything you said I already know.

I was talking about Preload in Global Mode deleting the AG EX 12.

Thanks for your input but don't need your broken record attitude! Neither does anyone on the forum!

Benny
fomalhaut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played with IG yesterday a little bit. I agree that it sounds superb and really cuts through the mix.

I found it to be a little weaker in the lower keys when compared to the Berlin Grand, the BG sounds maybe fuller and richer to me.

All in all a great all around piano library but in my case it’s nout enough to pony up the money given that I’m still to put the Berlin grand through it’s paces and the Japanese can cut through the mix when needed.
tdwctdwc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it is the best Kronos piano so far. It's balanced in every sense of the word and pretty much the most versatile of all Kronos pianos.

Even for solo work, i seem to prefer it over the German Grand and that says a lot.

As for the price ? Not impressed!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tdwctdwc wrote:
I agree, it is the best Kronos piano so far. It's balanced in every sense of the word and pretty much the most versatile of all Kronos pianos.

Even for solo work, i seem to prefer it over the German Grand and that says a lot.

There will be a 30% off sale eventually. I am on the fence.

we have several rich choices with the Steinway, Yamaha and Berlin grand types. To have the IG is like an 'embarrassment of riches ' [ google for the meaning].
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benny ray wrote:
Ok first you are completely ignorant to an intelligent conversation and you have no solutions everything you said I already know.
Benny

1°) We don't know who you're talking to

2°) For the ease of all of us and in order to keep this forum pleasant, things can be said with just a little bit of courtesy. It dosen't cost anything !

Thanks a lot
thiagotgc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
tdwctdwc wrote:

we have several rich choices with the Steinway, Yamaha and Berlin grand types. To have the IG is like an 'embarrassment of riches ' [ google for the meaning].

When will you get this discount?
4GB RAM

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thiagotgc wrote:
GregC wrote:
tdwctdwc wrote:

w

sometime this year
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:
benny ray wrote:
Benny

1°) We don't know who you're talking to

2°) For the ease of all of us and in order to keep this forum pleasant, things can be said with just a little bit of courtesy. It dosen't cost anything !

Thanks a lot

1. I think i know who

2. The info does not have to be about whoever gives it or whoever already knows the info.
One thing i know is that knowing some info already, does no one else any good on the forum if it is not shared for those who may need to know such details.

3. One thing i benefit from most on the forum is from people who already know everything they need to know about kronos, but then choose to share it for random readers, rather than stop the info at the point of where they learn it for themsleves and nobody else matters from there onward.

It is just info and anything useful there is meant for taking or leaving, as needed by whoever.

I know what it feels like to be a random reader of info that someone else tried to shut down because they did not need it, without a thought that i could be there reading it and needing it.
So i won’t be bothered about Benny’s response to something that did not quote him or refer to him specifically.
Maybe one day someone will read his info in the response and find it useful.
And more power to them all.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

19naia wrote:
So i won’t be bothered about Benny’s response to something that did not quote him or refer to him specifically.
Maybe one day someone will read his info in the response and find it useful.
And more power to them all.

I DO agree. It's exactly the case of all informations you gave : they can be useful, one day or another.

But saying "you are completely ignorant to an intelligent conversation" as Benny did, is not an information, only a useless offense which doesn't provide anything to anyone !
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
tdwctdwc wrote:

Hopefully soon !

Wink
bobmusic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
thiagotgc wrote:
GregC wrote:

w

sometime this year

In 2018 there were two EXS-Library-33%-Off-Sales:

Quote:
* 2018 Summer Sale Period
12:00AM August 23rd, 2018 through 11:59PM August 29th, 2018 US Eastern Time

* Sale Prices
KORG, KARO, Kid Nepro, Irish Acts, Kelfar Technologies, K-Sounds, KApro, Bolder Sounds, Purgatory Creek Soundware, Sounds Of Planet, Soundiron, Q Up Arts:
A massive 33% discount for all EXs titles, KRS titles and bundle packages.

Hurry - the sale ends at 11:59PM August. 29th!

Best regards,
KORG

and

Quote:
KRONOS Sound Libraries - Special BLACK FRIDAY sale - for four days only!
http://www.korg.com/news/2017/1124/

Please check out the KRONOS Sound Libraries site: https://shop.korg.com/kronos/SoundLibraries

* Sale Period
12:00AM November 24th, 2017 through 11:59PM November 27th, 2017 US Eastern Time

* Sale Prices
KORG, KARO, Kid Nepro, Irish Acts, Kelfar Technologies, K-Sounds, KApro, Bolder Sounds, Purgatory Creek Soundware, Sounds Of Planet, Soundiron, Q Up Arts: A massive 33% discount for all EXs titles, KRS titles and bundle packages.

Hurry - the sale ends at 11:59PM November 27th!
Best regards,
KORG

Trinity Pro with MOSS-Board, PBS FlashRom, HDR, Optical DI
Korg Collection 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: