Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Pa4x VS PA1000
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you ask the same question on a Genos forum, you will get the exact opposite advice!

Only YOU can make this decision for yourself, only you know exactly what you need, how good your skills are, both musically and technically, what kind of music you intend to play, what sounds and styles you’ll be primarily playing...

Both manufacturers make mind-blowingly good keyboards. But only you know best what you want to do with them. Don’t put too much stock in anyone else’s advice. They are using what is best for THEM...
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject: Quality of brands Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
PA4X with 76 keys is a no brainer.

Genos is a competent keyboard but it is not a Korg whise build quality surpasses all in the Yamaha Arranger model line up. In other words if you question the build quality of a Korg 1000 then forget any Yamaha.

This is a subjective, not to be taken seriously, assertion that cannot be proven - even if it is repeated here at regular intervals like a prayer wheel, it is at best a personal question of faith without any real background.

The processing quality of comparable models of both brands is not different but equivalent. A large part of the materials and assemblies used come from the same manufacturers in the same quality.

Without justified arguments, neither excessive enthusiasm nor criticism in general are helpful here.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shandera

It seems this topic has slightly moved to PA4X vs Genos.
If you are seriously considering that choice, then there are real differences between these two.
Of course, as others say, many views are subjective like the quality of sounds etc.
If you search the forum and also the Yamaha forum you should get a good combination of subjective and objective views.
Also, although time consuming, all the manuals are available on-line.

It does come back to personal requirements- ask yourself:
Are you performing live?
Are you recording?
Do you need a robust keyboard?
Do you need authenticity and flexibility?
etc...etc..

If "yes" to any of those, then the PA4X wins out (with real and not just subjective reasons)

If we go back now to your original question "PA4X vs PA1000" -
..work through the Contents of the respective manuals and ask yourself if you need or could use the various features.

Good luck with your research

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one of the questions everybody should ask themselves before thinking about a new arranger is ‘Have I exhausted the possibilities in my current arranger, or is my gearlust simply a result of being bored with what I’m playing?’

Want new sounds? You have a sampler, go look at some of the better commercial soundsets.

Want new styles? Go looking for third party commercial styles, or do some ‘mix and match’ style editing (replace the guitars and bass line from one style with that of another, etc.).

It’s a darn sight less expensive to alleviate your boredom with new content for the arranger you have than to buy a whole new one just for the same thing!
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Quality of brands Reply with quote

Use your visual, audio and tactile senses to touch, listen and look at the product.

Push buttons, move sliders, push bodywork, press all the keys, try to get movement in all planes of the body of the product

Assessing internal components is another matter as is sonic performance which becomes subjective. Assessing an OS is a personal choice of finding one that suits you, Korg suits me whereas a Yamaha does not. Adopt consistent evaluation criteria, the what, how, why etc to deduce if you can live with the system, if you find something has changed over a prior model, accept that it has changed and move on.

One thing to bear in mind is internal memory and if it will be sufficient for your needs, I filled all that was available in my PA700 so please bear this in mind.

One does not need a BSc (Hons) in design engineering to ascertain the build quality of any product all one needs to know is what actions to follow and how to evaluate. I have lost track of the number of products I have examined and studied as part of my Professional life as an Design Engineer.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm... I often ask myself....

Korghelper wrote:
Have I exhausted the possibilities in my current arranger,

NO
Korghelper wrote:
or is my gearlust simply a result of being bored with what I’m playing?’

NO

but sadly, my gearlust is a permanent illness Wink
Ph4nt0m

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject: Thank you everyone Reply with quote

Thanks everyone! The best advice is to literally go and pick up what strikes the heart . And in my case and my limited capabilities , the Korg PA 1000 just struck the sweetest note.
P.S would have definitely picked up the PA4X but as it won't be available till next year April, picked the 1000 up. Whatever deficiencies there are it would be atleast a decade to understand what I missed out Razz not having the flagship, with my limited knowledge
But the build quality and the sound just blew me away. Got a pair of subs and speakers from Yamaha , hooked it up to my PC , a basic audio interface from Focusrite and some nice VST s and DAW... I am set to go!!! Probably won't learn all the features in this lifetime but hell...atleast the brain cells have something to stimulate !!
Looking forward to more interactions with all of you !!
Cheers!!
digudere123

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Pa4x VS PA1000 Reply with quote

Shandera wrote:
Hello.
Tell me, if I buy Korg Pa4x, what will I get compared to PA1000?
Is it worth overpaying?
I do not like the build quality of the PA1000. But the sound of the PA1000 seems to be the same as that of the Pa4x. Or am I wrong?
Pa1000 is best for personal use who dont have external sound system . go for pa 1000

DiguDere
India
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If money are not an obstacle, you shouldn't compromise.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If money are not an obstacle, you shouldn't compromise.

+100
leesjoy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject: Pa4X vs Pa 1000 Reply with quote

Hi guys, just had to add my two cents. I'm repeating many comments here. So feel free to ignore....

Just swapped my pa1000 for the pa4x because I missed the 76 keys. previously owned the 3x but traded for the 1000 due to weight issues when gigging. Then the pandemic hit; also realized "oops" I missed the extra keys.

I do appreciate the many differences (upgrades) between the two. As stated by many other members on this forum both build quality and functionality are hugely apparent. In addition, I do hear improved sounds with the flagship model. Nothing major but subtle enhancements which adds more life and feel.

I had no issues spending more than I needed to because it was the logical choice. A store in Montreal price matched an open box deal in British Columbia. I briefly considered the Genos but eventually realized the Korg was the correct decision for me personally.

If we ever get back gigging again I'll suck it up when I need to (once/twice/month). I think the 4x is slightly lighter than the 3x?

Finally, this may not be the correct place to ask, but I was wondering if anyone knows if I can import the styles, songbook entries from my pa 1000 into the 4x? Otherwise I'll check other forums. Thanks everyone, please stay safe,
thank God for music..... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: