Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Style files??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Backpool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject: Style files?? Reply with quote

I am getting on great with my EK50

I just needed something for when I am away, compact to carry, cheap and 'plug / play', so its great !! I found it hard to find a board under a metre long ( even a BK3 is bigger ) and most of the smaller stuff either play like a toy, or has micro keys, which I did not want.
Re.styles -
The EK allows you to load 6 blocks of 16 user styles ( so 96 in total ) which is more than fine for me, when I include the selection of on-board available.
I managed to find some here which work ok. but all in odd numbers of blocks and i am not maximizing the number I can load at the moment over the 6 sets available.

Problem is I AM NOT TECHNICAL IN THE LEAST - and all the style files I can find do not offer 16 per block. there several available free and for sale in batches of 1000's .....over 100's of blocks as they do....and i would have no idea how to remove or add individual styles to and from these files ( well even if you can ?? )
I cant find any available in the quantity and size needed and of course as you cant read the styles direct on the EK it is difficult to know what they even contain .....well it is for me, as i am no expert in I.T. you can of course see the style names and quantity after you have loaded them.

Can anyone help please? You would think dealers/style sellers would have sets available in different Genres of the 96 to suit different players.....but nothing is that easy... they seem to see ( and list ) the EK as a PA and it's just not the same OS.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Having played keyboards for years - i have never found an entry level model to be as good as the EK 50 .... Cant tell you just how delighted i am. It is such a 'rounded' easy to use instrument.
I picked up a second one from Korg UK this week. If they suddenly stop making these i might just struggle to get another one and at the 'snip' price they are it was a no brainer!!

Keith

ps... I cobbled together a quick ref. A4 guide for the EK ( save me keep going through the manual ) as so many of the controls are dual/multi function. but I cant see a way of attaching a PDF on here. if anyone wants a copy message me. or reply as to how I can up-load it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG EK Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: