Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG Manager software Amazing !
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dilan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject: KORG Manager software Amazing ! Reply with quote

Yesterday, I purchased online KORG MANAGE software for my Korg PA (which works for all models of KORG PA and conversion). Honestly, I wasn't sure it will work or will fulfill my wishes, being easy and fast software to use. You save so much time, if you take 10 hours spending time on your Keyboard to do some editing or re-organizing, re-locating some PCG drum kits, sounds, or anything but with this software you can do the exact something in 10 minutes which can also save all the samples related to the sounds if you know what goes where!
Merging/importing between some sets or deleting and copying paste anything you can do in a second. Saving will not take as long plus we always have a problem. To save the Multi-samples and samples will include while you transfer some drum kits from one set to another in your keyboard, but with this software all it does by itself is transfer whatever related to the particular drum kit or sound automatically. This software is worth the price. BTW, their tech support replies very fast to your emails in matters of minutes and they're polite people. If I am not mistaken look like those guys 24 hour online support people.
Usually I dont give feedback to any of my purchase things online such as eBay or amazon, but this software was extraordinary and I just had to say something about it to let it be known how good the overall software and process was.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject: THANK YOU! Reply with quote

Well THANK YOU DILAN.
It will be much better in the future,

KORGPAMANAGER TEAM Wink

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully supported on Mac someday...
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: KORG Manager software Reply with quote

dilan wrote:
Yesterday, I purchased online KORG MANAGE software .. is worth the price ... their tech support replies very fast to your emails in matters of minutes and they're polite people ...

€ 145 appears to be far too expensive for a Software with its features.

Furthermore it is surprising to have tested it so thoroughly although only "purchased yesterday" - including the evaluation of technical support so quickly.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a Korg rip off.

A buyer should not have to spend the sums we do on a keyboard then spend a large sum on software that really should be free.

I have some non keyboard kit by Roland and Zoom and both these manufacturers supply their Manager software foc.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
It is a Korg rip off.

A buyer should not have to spend the sums we do on a keyboard then spend a large sum on software that really should be free.

I have some non keyboard kit by Roland and Zoom and both these manufacturers supply their Manager software foc.

To be fair, KORG is quite a bit different than most manufactures when it comes to the need to even own a Editors or Library Managers. The Keyboards themselves have every single feature you need built in to the touch screen GUI. A Manager or Editor doesn't give you anything new, it just allows you to do the same things in a different way from your computer.

For example, KORG have a free editor for my KRONOS and to be totally honest with you, I couldn't be bothered even using it as every single feature the software has is already in the keyboard. I see no need in firing up computer and making the necessary connections to the keyboard to do what's already available on the keyboard own built in screen.

KORG keyboards are pretty much self contained systems. You don't actually need an editor for your PC/Mac. That's just more wishful thinking than anything else.

No harm in wanting an editor, but don't think KORG are ripping you off by not giving you one when they have already put everything you need into the actual Keyboards own GUI.

Regards
Sharp.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject: Pa Manager Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
... are pretty much self contained systems .. they have already put everything you need into the actual Keyboards own GUI ...

... so why to spend € 145 separately? Maybe for someone managing data in Pa-arrangers seems not to be so comfortabel as software with an elaborate GUI will do with managing same data in Win-PC. Once using built-in-tools regularly you get some experience with it, it's hardly more elaborate - and no need to transmit all data between keyboard and PC before and after usage.

dilan wrote:
... 10 hours spending time on your Keyboard to do some .. you can do the exact something in 10 minutes .. if you know what goes where! ..

That only happens if you did not use built-in-tools as intended and if you do not know what goes where with them! Being impressed by a graphical interface does not mean that the program behind also works better or faster, if one have aversions to use less attractive built-in-tools.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think Korg should be the provider of this or similar software (including the SongBook Editor), for 'free'.
As far as I am concerned they could even raise the price of their arrangers a bit to add it in a one package deal.
It's their hardware, so they know best all the ins and outs, including the developments in the pipeline.
It could be a great extra tool, for instance to make an online connection to the heritage style database.
If you start thinking more about it, there are countless possibilities in terms of software to make extra use of the hardware.
It would promote customer loyalty even more strongly than they already do.
They really don't do it badly, with the new OS's for free and regular free style packages.

But still, I do think it's a missed opportunity now, very unfortunate that external parties have to fill that gap.

Sorry if it comes across as nagging, that's really not my intention.

Play in style. Wink
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: KORG Manager software Amazing ! Reply with quote

dilan wrote:
Yesterday, I purchased online KORG MANAGE software for my Korg PA (which works for all models of KORG PA and conversion). Honestly, I wasn't sure it will work or will fulfill my wishes, being easy and fast software to use. You save so much time, if you take 10 hours spending time on your Keyboard to do some editing or re-organizing, re-locating some PCG drum kits, sounds, or anything but with this software you can do the exact something in 10 minutes which can also save all the samples related to the sounds if you know what goes where!
Merging/importing between some sets or deleting and copying paste anything you can do in a second. Saving will not take as long plus we always have a problem. To save the Multi-samples and samples will include while you transfer some drum kits from one set to another in your keyboard, but with this software all it does by itself is transfer whatever related to the particular drum kit or sound automatically. This software is worth the price. BTW, their tech support replies very fast to your emails in matters of minutes and they're polite people. If I am not mistaken look like those guys 24 hour online support people.
Usually I dont give feedback to any of my purchase things online such as eBay or amazon, but this software was extraordinary and I just had to say something about it to let it be known how good the overall software and process was.

Totally agree with you!
Pa manager has saved hours of editing!
One of the best things is how fast it is to import samples compared to keyboard!
Also as far as i know pa manager is not a korg product.
It is a 3rd party product of which the creator/s put a lot of effort to make all these to work and continue fixing and updating no matter how big the changes korg decides to do are...

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: KORG Manager software Amazing ! Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:
.. how fast it is to import samples compared to keyboard! ...

Merging data with data already existing in memory - especially if loading data containing sounds based on user samples - with built-in-tools requires careful actions.

This initially seems to be easier with external Software, that automatically links localitlies of user samples to the sounds of the musical resources on the PC, before transmitting the entire data buck moving into the memory of the keyboard.

This does not mean, however, that built-in tools for this are not just as useful without using PC - only a little more careful you have to work with it. If you do so and work with it you will get the experience that external software overall hardly does save time, not even in managing some user-samples as you do with the sample-feature of an arrangerkeyboard.

musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: KORG Manager software Amazing ! Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
musiccankill wrote:
.. how fast it is to import samples compared to keyboard! ...

Merging data with data already existing in memory - especially if loading data containing sounds based on user samples - with built-in-tools requires careful actions.

This initially seems to be easier with external Software, that automatically links localitlies of user samples to the sounds of the musical resources on the PC, before transmitting the entire data buck moving into the memory of the keyboard.

This does not mean, however, that built-in tools for this are not just as useful without using PC - only a little more careful you have to work with it. If you do so and work with it you will get the experience that external software overall hardly does save time, not even in managing some user-samples as you do with the sample-feature of an arrangerkeyboard.

To even load a style with user sounds into an already existing set with what keyboard offers (without pa manager) you have to remap EVERY SINGLE sound in EACH part of the style by hand after loading the user sounds this style uses in free positions (cause most probably the positions it originally used will be occupied by other sounds of current set)..
Imagine doing that for 50 styles with 150 user sounds...
We are talking about 30-40 hours of work here..
With pa manager you just select the styles you want and past them on your old set and you are good to go...
Also to load lets say 500 samples (not multisamples) in keyboard to build multisamples with them you ll need about 4-5 hours clicking "arrow->load sample-> select sample->wait -> write ->cycle" but with pa manager you just drag drop all the samples together and you are good to go!
Maybe it seems too high priced for somebody that will use it to copy 1-2 styles only or use it one time and will not need it anymore but for us who create sets and new arrangements almost everyday , we wouldn't be able to do so without it...

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
bad_santa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PA Manager is a weird software that have many disadvantages.

- it is expensive

- It requieres always online connection. I do not know, wheter it is secure but i wouldn't install it on a PC where i'm doing online banking etc.

- it is unpossible to use this software on travel, a big limitation!

- if onedays there is no Korg PA Manager site, you have lost your money

- It doesn't support copy/paste from one instance to another. You can copy only within one instance, but not with fast drag n draw, you have to choose one item with right click, copy, then choose another slot, right click, paste... too much effort for a simple operation! You cann't select several items .. either select the whole bank or individual items(((
On the PA4X you have the possibility easily select several items with the shift button!

- It doesn't look for the duplicates like other librarian software does..

- you can not sort by name, you have first to generate reports and then export it to excel, and then have sorted views.

- By open the Sets you can't paste a folder structure, you have to click ...click ...a thousand times click ..to choose your Sets...

- It has bad usability of his GUI interface, i don't think the developer is a professional.

The PA Manager has one big advantage however, it imports relevant sounds and samples by merging sets automaticly.
For now it does not support the new operating system with 1.5GB sampling RAM, so you will have to pay for an update.

I think the only reason to buy this expensive software is the ability to organize user samples. Korg offers no solution here. Very unprofessional.((
bad_santa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently looked for someone to buy these software a little cheaper for 3 licenses. Nobody wanted it.
kenantr86

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... from such a lovely positive post from Dilan to so much negativity? What's wrong with you people?
I couldn't stop myself from replying here which is something I don't usually do.

I've owned this for over 2 years now and such a relief to what it offers. Clearly non of you people deal with Merging SETs / SAMPLES and only use Factory sounds from the keyboard so you have hardly any clue as to what solution this offers.
Yes, you can copy and do things on the keyboard. But it takes days!!! Get pen and paper and write down all Sound/positions in all Variations and then copy/import sounds one by one from another set and one by one reSelect and Adjust sounds locations... It's a frigging nightmare!!!!

Clearly the majority of people here don't even own the software, yet you run your mouths.

PA Manager has saved me hours & days by letting you copy/paste a STYLE with all sounds / samples in literally few seconds.
Quote:
bad_santa: "you have to choose one item with right click, copy, then choose another slot, right click, paste... too much effort for a simple operation!"

This is just outrageous....what takes days to achieve on the keyboard is achieved within one copy/paste operation, yet you complain it's so much effort to copy/paste? What's wrong with you? Are you hearing yourself?
It's like complaining why a car doesn't drive you around by itself, but you need to steer the wheel? lol

-Expensive - Yes it is. But in terms of the amount time it saves you, you really are making you money from saving time. Time = money right?
- It requieres always online connection - Their website is SSL secured and it's done for security measures to verify licenses. Standard practice. Why are you so paranoid? You've never played Online games or anything?
- it is unpossible to use this software on travel, a big limitation! I'm presuming you don't own a Laptop? Cos you can't carry your PC around too now can you ? Very Happy
-It doesn't look for the duplicates like other librarian software does.. errrr... Yes it does? It even does it so good that it checks for existing samples and doesn't copy duplicates to waste RAM Space but just relocations the sample.
- you can not sort by name, you have first to generate reports and then export it to excel, and then have sorted views. Sorted Views for what? You can generate text reports or cv reports or htmls reports which give you detailed info.... what else are you after?
- By open the Sets you can't paste a folder structure, you have to click ...click ...a thousand times click ..to choose your Sets... What are you talking about here? click what? Just Drag & Drop your set and that's all....
- It has bad usability of his GUI interface, i don't think the developer is a professional. I really don't understand what world you live in!!! or what UI you're expecting! It's an easy GUI which replicated the KORG OS screen so you know where your items are? what else do you want....

Your comments are just absurd... really.... please think before you write...

I don't want to be starting a war here, but all you people need some positivity in your lives.. Understand what Problem the software solves, then post your comments.
Don't be clueless chickens just commenting for the sake of commenting.
Cubase
Reason
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad_santa wrote:
PA Manager is a weird software that have many disadvantages.

- it is expensive

- It requieres always online connection. I do not know, wheter it is secure but i wouldn't install it on a PC where i'm doing online banking etc.

- it is unpossible to use this software on travel, a big limitation!

- if onedays there is no Korg PA Manager site, you have lost your money

- It doesn't support copy/paste from one instance to another. You can copy only within one instance, but not with fast drag n draw, you have to choose one item with right click, copy, then choose another slot, right click, paste... too much effort for a simple operation! You cann't select several items .. either select the whole bank or individual items(((
On the PA4X you have the possibility easily select several items with the shift button!

- It doesn't look for the duplicates like other librarian software does..

- you can not sort by name, you have first to generate reports and then export it to excel, and then have sorted views.

- By open the Sets you can't paste a folder structure, you have to click ...click ...a thousand times click ..to choose your Sets...

- It has bad usability of his GUI interface, i don't think the developer is a professional.

The PA Manager has one big advantage however, it imports relevant sounds and samples by merging sets automaticly.
For now it does not support the new operating system with 1.5GB sampling RAM, so you will have to pay for an update.

I think the only reason to buy this expensive software is the ability to organize user samples. Korg offers no solution here. Very unprofessional.((

I think you are somewhat wrong there...
1)depends on perspective..For me it solved my hands and saved uncountable work hours.It paid off on the first month of use if you value your time at least for 5euros /hour...
2)online is a disadvantage for users yes but every other protection can be easily broken..I have checked multiple times and check on every update for any malicious activity but it is just security every time so nothing to worry about.
3)agree with you but life is not always fair..What is also true is that you can't use your keyboard during traveling too...
4)i m pretty sure that if some day kpm is going to get discontinued there will be a last update which will remove the online checks..
5)Separate instances are a no go for most apps..you can copy either individuals, or by pages or by banks...well each page has 8 so no big deal..
Also you can use the known shortcuts CTRL+C , CTRL+V and CTRL+X (copy, paste,cut)..I have suggested the multiple selection though and maybe it ll be a feature in next upgrade (v4)...On previous flagship model (pa3x) korg didn't even had copy paste in keyboard and this keyboard had a price of >2.5k euros so i don't see the point here...
6)It DOES look for duplicate sounds and when you import samples it checks for duplicate samples too...
7)never needed that as there is search in sample manager maybe next upgrade will have search in all managers, who knows...
8)Thats true and if you are a customer you should go to the chat in their page and suggest it or you can simply just drag and drop your set from windows explorer/desktop or any folder....
9)i disagree about the UI..I really like the workflow of it way better than the keyboard itself...More intuitive , faster , more options , checks for duplicates, rearranges all sounds when needed and the list goes on...
Also what makes somebody professional?Giving updates and be helpful to every single problem like kpm team does or not even reply to emails about serious flaws like most big companies do?Pa4x still reboots on stage for some people after 3 (almost 4) years of it being released...And don't tell me that it is the users fault because the load any set because it should recognize ALL faults and throw the faulty parameters/files/whatever away in order to continue working perfectly...Korg pa manager not only rejects most problematic files (nobody can get it to 100% safe without every single detail of the original system) but even fixes some of them like some unreferenced samples in some sets...
To sum up, everybody can choose to get it and save time or spend hours with no reason doing the same thing on keyboard with all the hassle included (write down positions of sounds, change the positions in all style elements etc)...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: