Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big Bug and very important functions missing. Please update
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marco Filipe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:03 am    Post subject: Big Bug and very important functions missing. Please update Reply with quote

I bought this week the korg pa4x. I loved the pa3x and all its possibilities but I had to buy the new one because mine was already a little old. I am a little sad and worried because there are very important functions missing in the pa4x.
- 3rd master effect on FXB
- select option button on songbook
- Big BUG!!!! When I select a song in the songbook, it changes the sound I'm using in the keyboard set. which completely spoils the passage from one song to another. I need the option for not doing that (like pa3x) the button Style to KBD Set It's supposed to do that in songbook too.
-the various shift button shortcuts

I have already researched forums and there are many complaints about these topics.
KORG engineers Please make an update where we can have these options. They are really very important. I'm korg's lover but there are options that exist in previous versions that we can not miss.
thank you
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Big Bug and very important functions missing. Please upd Reply with quote

Marco Filipe wrote:
... - Big BUG!!!! When I select a song in the songbook, it changes the sound I'm using in the keyboard set. which completely spoils the passage from one song to another .....

"Style to KbdSet" really is a big bug, as setting to "OFF" styles should not select a KbdSet (Pa1000, too, has this flaw!).

Only in setting indicator to "ON" or "Blinking" is right to letting styles choose the Keyboard Sounds.

That nevertheless this bug switches up to KbdSet#1 if indicator is "OFF" completely would spoil the passage from one song to another, should have been fixed after all at least for Pa4x with OS 3.01 (Pa4x OS Next). Or has it been forgotten again?

Also for Pa1000 an update is finally necessary and hopefully there Korg will not forget to fix the bug of StyleToKbdSet.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
B.Safe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, this is one way of understanding the Songbook.
The other one is to be sure that the whole keyboard is initialized for a song, despite the position of pannel buttons.
This is definitely not a bug, but a choice from Korg engineers.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Correct

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject: Bug: KbdSet off is choosing KbdSet#1 Reply with quote

B.Safe wrote:
.. definitely not a bug, but a choice from Korg engineers ..

As mentioned by Marco the button Style to KBD Set is supposed to be used in songbook mode too (but nothing separate for styleplay mode).

This feature with three possible settings (off, on, blinking) not only is limited to styleplay mode but also is made and active in songbook mode too.

It can not be the a choice of engeneers to limit a function to do the same with setting "on" and "off" - like happens in sb-mode selecting KbdSet#1 with ok when "on" but also wrongly with "off", whereas in style mode the same function works properly as described and intended:

"Off" - Styles do not select a Keyboard Set; "On" - when choosing a Style, KbdSet#1 is automatically selected.

Both settings "on" and "off" to use for choosing KbdSet#1 is a bug, but not a way understanding the Songbook. To be sure that the whole keyboard is INITIALIZED for a song, despite the position of panel buttons, simply DO NOT SET the button "Style to KbdSet" to "OFF".

This is a way of understanding antithetical functions "off" and "on" generally. If OFF does the same as ON - believe it is a bug or look to Page 55 of manual.

Really it's entitled to: KORG please make an update where we can have these function working properly as intended

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think that there is a bug have either of you raised a bug report with Korg?
B.Safe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Bug: KbdSet off is choosing KbdSet#1 Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
This feature with three possible settings (off, on, blinking) not only is limited to styleplay mode but also is made and active in songbook mode too.

Only YOU are the one who says this, not the manual !

The manual says :
What is the SongBook?
The basic idea behind the SongBook is that you always start from a song.
By choosing an Entry from the SongBook, you choose a template for that
song. Everything you need (style, song, sounds, voice effects, lyrics, key,
tempo value) is there at the touch of a single button...

And a little further on
...Pads and Keyboard Sets will also be recalled. Keyboard Set #1 will be selected...

And that's exactly what I expect from the keyboard, not having to worry about what I did before to start a new song in a specific configuration.

But I have no illusions, you're going to keep repeating the same things over and over again.

My objective here is not to convince you, but to encourage Korg's engineers to continue the excellent work they have done so far, which perfectly meets the needs of the vast majority of users.
There will always be people to complain or ask for changes and worse, some like you who don't even have the instrument but still try to make their request look like a bug.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Bug: KbdSet off is choosing KbdSet#1 Reply with quote

B.Safe wrote:
.. Only YOU are the one who says this, not the manual !

No, it is not only me - seems to be you did not read page 55 as recommended.

Your describtion of sb basics is ok. But is not necessary if we talk about a function that do same set to "off" and also set to "on" without to differ. Function is wrong - especially when it works properly in style-mode and in sb-mode it doesn't.

Also my objective here is not to convince you, but I would encourage Korgs engeneers to correct an existing bug.

It is possible always to start a song with a touch of a single button if wanted - have nothing to do with style-to-kbdset, if simply explizit DO NOT SET to "OFF".

"Style to KbdSet" correcting in sb-mode to function properly will not prevent what one expect from the keyboard "not having to worry about what you did before to start a new song in a specific configuration".

That are general sb-properties also previous previous models had, where named "singleTouch", but works properly in song-mode and also in sb-mode.

PS: To own or not to own a device is my private matter - neither a restriction nor a privilege to use this forum. In future you can prevent comments in this regard - nothing to do with the titel "Bug in style-to-kbdSet". I also don't prewarf you "some like you have the instrument but try to opposite against complaints". If you really are interested in: some like me make requests to update bugs before purchasing a new device - that is nothing worse, but preventing to act as betatester.

Last edited by siebenhirter on Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
mabcomp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B.Safe wrote:
Again, this is one way of understanding the Songbook.
The other one is to be sure that the whole keyboard is initialized for a song, despite the position of pannel buttons.

And if that's not bad enough, you spelt panel wrong Smile
B.Safe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read carefully (my post and the manual) !

The manual EXPLICITLY says that Keyboard Set #1 is selected when you select a Soundbook entry. No reference to a panel button.

So it works like described in the manual.
You may not like it, but this is the way Korg designed it since PA4X/1000/700.
B.Safe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mabcomp wrote:
And if that's not bad enough, you spelt panel wrong Smile

Yes, it's probably because there's a lot of ink flowing on the subject. Very Happy
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject: Style to KbdSet Off in sb-mode - buggy Reply with quote

B.Safe wrote:
.. may not like it, but this is the way Korg designed it since PA4X/1000/700 .. it's probably because there's a lot of ink flowing on the subject ..

if you think so - save ink, I don't think that's ridiculous.

If one really think it was a great idea of design to start with KbdSet#1 regardless setting Style-to-KbdSet is "Off" or "On" - why with Update 3.0 we got added "Keyboard Sets Lock" to conceal this mistake of sw-design?

Of course, after succesful complaints we can be happy about it, in order to at least avoid a song completely spoils the passage from one song to another - how Marco correctly claimed.

Now the solution of KbdSet-Lock again has the disadvantage that it can not be switched in direct access in that way that would be much more feasible with "StyleToKbdSet" with simple on/of/blinking, but working properly also in sb-mode.

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is truly a "bug" amongst all this banta, please describe it carefully so it can be clearly identified as "not working according to PA4X specs and latest manual" and then post it in the potential bugs sticky topic.

Otherwise it ain't a bug but more likely a wish.

We have sticky topics for both.

Thanks

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
B.Safe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
If there is truly a "bug" amongst all this banta, please describe it carefully so it can be clearly identified as "not working according to PA4X specs and latest manual" and then post it in the potential bugs sticky topic.

Otherwise it ain't a bug but more likely a wish.

We have sticky topics for both.

Thanks

Pete Very Happy

+1
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are banging your heads against the wall.

If there is a bug then those who think that there is should raise a bug report directly with Korg.

I asked the question and zero response.

I also said in one of the many threads that the bug theorists post that they should join Korg Staff on one of the live webinars where they can raise the so called bug directly with Adam and Luke but they fail to do so,

BTW
the next webinar is on the 2nd at 17:00 BST. Visit korgworld dot com to register.

I now take it that these guys are just Trolling and they have no intention of doing anything other than moan on threads about the OS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: