Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Osimo Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robthemuso

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Osimo Next Reply with quote

Hi
I have just downloaded Osimo Next for my PA4x. It works fine as a Direct set but I cannot remember how to load it into my keyboard. At the moment all the Osimo song book entries point to the wrong user styles so I presume I have to load the Osimo user styles into my keyboard is this right Any help please. Heres the download link. https://we.tl/t-Oh7qNjRvKX?src=dnl
Ron

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob - Thanks for the link. I think Osimo Next is nothing more than another Songbook updated to include the (vol 35 styles) furnished the OS3 update. No styles in the Osimo set file. If you designate the Osimo Next set as Direct, it should merge with the 4X resident Songbook.

I have not tried it yet but I would assume it is looking for styles per OS3 which of course includes styles in User 1 - Pop, User 2 - Ballad and User 3 - Dance.

Assuming no one else has an answer, I will check it out tomorrow and let you know if mine points to the correct styles.
robthemuso

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ron
Ron

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob - Just quickly tried the Osimo Next songbook so I could get back to you. I set Osimo Next as my Direct set and it merged with my resident songbook as expected. Songs that I tried all selected the proper style. This includes both factory and user styles but obviously could not select styles that were part of my normal direct set. Have you by any chance replaced the Korg user styles in User 1,2 and 3 with your own? Even so, unless you have changed the factory styles around, Osimo should still select those correctly.

For what it's worth, I keep my custom songbook entries on the 4x and the latest Songbook in my normal direct set. I simply replace the songbook in my direct set when Osimo is updated which then merges with my own entries. The set lists merge also.

Hope this helps. Best regards.
robthemuso

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ron. I have changed user 1. 2and3 so do I need to replace theses. I know that styles no. 35 was in user 1 but was there anything relative in 2 and 3. Just out of interest will you go to Osimo next in the set list drop down menu and choose No5 Crocodile Rock. When I do this it points to Look Love Blb in the song book. Does yours do same? Many thanks
Ron

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob - OS3 added "overflow" styles to User 1 (Pop), User 2 (Ballad) and User 3 (Dance). There were other styles added also with OS3 but they went to available space in the factory styles, e.g. Movie & Show. Osimo Next is going to be looking for the added "overflow" OS3 styles where Korg put them so I think you have to put them back in User 1,2 & 3. These added styles were also issued separately as Vol 34.

I don't recall where Korg intended Vol 35 to go. I sort of recall User 4 but that's not where I put them so I may have a pointer problem also with some of the Osimo Next entries.

So for Crocodile Rock, I'm not sure I'm understanding as I can't find a number 5 set list entry. I did however go to the World of Elton set list and entered Crocodile Rock, the 12th entry and it loaded the correct style … Croco Rock, User 1, Page 3, the last style.
Ron

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob - Just remembered that Korg actually started added styles to User banks with Vol 27 in conjunction with the release of OS2. Point being all Vol 27 styles also need to be where Korg put them in order for Osimo Next to find them.

Easiest way might be to save all of your files and do a factory restore to put everything back where it belongs. Then you can reload your styles previously in User 1,2 & 3 to different locations. Of course, your personal songbook references to any of these files will then be wrong. Yuk!

This is why I started putting all my stuff on a Direct set!
robthemuso

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ron. I'm out tonight but will do a factory redtor tomorrow. You have been very helpful indeed just wish you lived closer to Birmingham 😊👍
Ron

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob - Be sure to SAVE ALL before you restore. I'm sure you know but the factory restore is going to overwrite everything - global settings, voice presets, user sounds, etc.

Remember ... SAVE ALL SAVE ALL SAVE ALL and good luck.

By the way, I lived in Maidenhead in the late 80's and early 90's. It was actually during this time in the UK that I began playing again after a long layoff.

Best Regards
robthemuso

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success!!!
I've done the factory restore after saving everything. Re installed my old song book which fortunately only used factory styles and Osimo next is working fine. At present I am using Osimo as a direct set but I might load it in to the keyboard after I've done a bit more research. Many thanks to this forum and a very special mention to Ron for all his help Thanks M8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: