Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volume pedal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robdeeb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:29 am    Post subject: Volume pedal Reply with quote

Hello. I just purchased the xvp 20 pedal to use with my korg triton extrem. I am unable to get it to work as a volume pedal. I've plugged it in to the assignable jack on the keyboard and in global settings have set to volume and master volume. It doesn't work

I am able to get it to work when using the expression output on the pedal but it doesn't allow for a smooth sweep in this configuration and also doesn't allow for a minimum volume setting when pedal is heel down. I.e. When using the expression output the heel down totally cuts the sounds off which is not ideal

Any thoughts would be appreciated
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never found getting a smooth volume effect from a pedal is easy during a performance, since general body movement, creaky ankles, and the like will prevent totally smooth pedal movement.

There are a couple of things to try:

Use the XVP-20 as an expression pedal, but with a wooden block placed under the pedal to limit the minimum volume. The expression (CC#11) messages values range from 0 to 127 on the TEx, so a bit of "quantisation" is to be expected, though the effect isn't always obvious.

Use the volume function of the XVP-20, by feeding the L and R audio outs from the Triton Extreme into the pedal and then taking the pedal output to the PA. The minimum volume knob at the rear of the pedal can be adjusted to suit.

robdeeb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks kindly for the response. Ive tried the second option and it works nicely. I still find it odd that the assignable volume jack on the keyboard doesn't work but it may be my old triton. Nonetheless, thanks for the advice. It is greatly appreciated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: