Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best sampled clarinet & flute sounds for pa4x

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deora

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: Best sampled clarinet & flute sounds for pa4x Reply with quote

Where can I get great realistic sampled sound of clarinet - including trills and that soulful sound.

Many sampled clarinets have very thin or empty sound, so not realistic....I guess without reeds it is hard to replicate the sound....

I know Anthony Sharman has sounds, but they are for Kronos
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dynamix-audio.com/2015/05/dynamix-flute/
Bescki

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think pa4x has natural flute and clarinets. It depends what kind of music you play?!
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
bensel46

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO the flutes and clarinets in the Pa4X are fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bensel46/videos
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new V.3 has surprisingly good clarinet sound,for me it works great for some songs,while for others i use various sampled sounds.

Actually i have started re-sampling some really good Vst clarinets,i guess they will be ready after some months.

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: Best sampled clarinet & flute sounds for pa4x Reply with quote

deora wrote:
I know Anthony Sharmman has sounds, but they are for Kronos

Actually there is a WavesArt PaSeries Library called "Brass & Strings" that contains among strings almost all useful solo
brass except Clarinet that you can find decent factory waveforms for general use with some extra articulation samples
added with OS V2 resources ( OS3 has not a simple extra waveform , only some newly developed Sounds) , but this is
not suitable for Ethnic Clarinet songs , the proper Ethnic Clarinet can be found only in my Ethnic full resources bundles ,
like Pa4/3X Platinum Editions.

During summer I will bring in circulation some extra High - End sound libraries for Pa4X Next like Solo Brass & Woodwinds
of 0.5 Gb samples library with unseen advanced articulation and velocity layers with a full pallet of solo classical woodwinds.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try mapping the pitch strip to pitch for trills. A played trill is always more realistic than a sampled one in the majority of cases...

Real players change the speed of the trill depending on either tempo or intensity of the music, and due to the nature of real instruments, it isn't always a perfect interval being trilled. Doing your trill on the strip adds in both of those factors.

Not to mention the basic ability to trill either half step, whole step or even more, depending on the scale step you are on.

For almost all acoustic instruments, the strip is by FAR the better choice to use for all your pitch bending, trilling, sliding, scooping, hammer-on and off-ing, and vibrato needs. It is, after all, pretty much the way that real players do things. A joystick or lever cannot begin to approach the versatility of the strip!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: