Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi file sound is strange

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bartjuhx3

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject: Midi file sound is strange Reply with quote

Hello Korgies,

I am pretty new to the Korg PA4X. I come from a Roland keyboard and with the 2-man band we sometimes use midifiles.

Now when i play midi files(GM mostly) on the PA4X it sounds strange in many files i play. The sound is strange and it is like it is using other sounds.

I also noticed when i go to the GM sounds and open SFX, the sound what i select on screen is not the sound i hear when i press a key.

Does this problem sounds familiar to someone?

Yes i did an osimo upgrade and some resources. Could that be the problem?
And how can i resolve it?

Thank you in advance!
Bart
Bartjuhx3

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone? Very Happy

Thank you!
Bart
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bart

Are you playing these in SONG PLAY mode or are you loading them into SEQUENCER mode?

As long as the MIDI files have all the GM PCs in each track, it should play just fine.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bart:

Although GM on PA4x match with GM standard, in some midi files created with Roland sequencers / modules may not sound exactly the same; Roland uses an extended GM library (more sounds variations than GM in PA4x); because of that some files may not sound like you want.-
My suggestion is load the midi file on sequencer mode, and edit each track using internal (Factory - Legacy - or User) sounds, and you'll get a better sound of you midis.- The same for drum track (chose one of the great and realistic palete of drumkits).-
PA4x have a really good sequencer, so you can modify everything and create new frases to get a realistic song.-
With regards
Eduardo
steve350

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a program called Power Tracks to work with my midi files. I had to install the Korg ini file into the program. Now when I click on an instrument it pulls up the Korg sounds that are in the keyboard. If I don’t do this step it will default to GM and the sounds are not that good. I did this awhile ago with my Pa1x.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: