Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any news about Pa5x?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sagar ahuja

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject: Any news about Pa5x? Reply with quote

Hello guys, i was one of the first users of pa4x, and a very first user in India, i have been using this keyboard from almost 4 years, i know that korg releases its every flagship PA series model in almost 4 years during the month of September, and I am desperately waiting for new Pa5x, i am expecting to have some latest and powerful sound engine which includes some really powerful Synth engine as well. The only thing i miss in a Pa4x is synth engine, every time i play kronos and montage, thier synth sounds and arpeggiators are awesome, which is lack in Pa 4x. I cant wait for the new flagship from KORG, if anybody has any news about this, please update.
Thanks😊
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing yet - not even the silly rumours that always emerge.

Not even sure if it will be a "PA5X"

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
ponkine

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before Pa5X, they can't leave the present Pa4X OS as it. Lots of bugs reported

Also, there're great suggestions they could include

Very Happy
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, +1 on that.
Come on KORG this is not fear.
Realy nice KB but OS is not what you guys handled well.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH, I'd rather have an OS upgrade that seriously addresses synchronization between different keyboards than a PA5X with a few Kronos features tacked on.

There comes a time when it is far more efficient to connect two keyboards, allowing you choice in what you use, than constantly trying to cram a few (but not many) WS features in from the same manufacturer's TOTL WS.

A PA4X running a Montage? Awesome. A PA4X running a Jupiter? Wow! A PA4X running even a Kronos..? Amazing.

But a PA4X with a couple of Kronos features added (you don't honestly think they are going to give you full Kronos ability without the price skyrocketing, do you?!)..? Not so impressive.

The PA4X needs radical improvement of its MIDI implementation, the ability to route ALL buttons, knobs and sliders to either internal functions, external functions (with full mapping of what those are) and both. And Songbook entries need fields to allow for setting up whatever is connected, calling up external Performances etc, synchronization issues, and touchscreen user definable buttons and sliders (so whatever you connect can be controlled) need adding.

That's the actual solution to the problem... I'm afraid tacking on a few Kronos features is a half measure at best, and will always leave us dissatisfied. But give us the tools to connect anything we want and it work seamlessly, we all win.

Currently, you can't even connect a Yamaha or a Roland to a Korg (and vice versa) and have the arranger operations sync, due to utterly different codes for things like Variation selection, Part mutes, Multipad on/offs, you name it. And this extends even to triggering different karma sections in a Kronos alongside Variation selection in a PA4X. Basically, except at the very lowest basic level of synchronization (MIDI Clock and Start/Stop), the modern arranger is an island to itself, alone in a sea of amazing gear it cannot connect to and control.

A master controller mentality for the PA series would be a very inexpensive (code only) solution compared to shoehorning in Kronos sound engines and Karma code. And, bottom line, Korg as well as the industry as a whole benefits, as this encourages us to buy new WS's and hook them to the arranger.

Not wait endlessly for the final Vulcan mindmeld of the arranger and WS, which is never going to come affordably. Fix the miserable inter-device communication protocols, and we will all be out happily buying Kronos's, or Krome's or Kross's, MODX's, Montage's, FA-08's, Jupiter's, System 8's, you name it...

Two keyboards are better than one! Especially if both are already being made..!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post.
Personally, the last thing I want is a PA*X which includes Kronos features.
Owning a PA4X and Kronos is a perfect match for me.
Combining all this technology would be a nightmare to learn and operate - the control surface alone would be a joke.

Just my thoughts - just can't see how it would work (but the CX3 engine would be nice

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
B.Safe

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korghelper wrote:
TBH, I'd rather have an OS upgrade that seriously addresses synchronization between different keyboards than a PA5X with a few Kronos features tacked on.

I am completely in line with this vision.
And why not push it a little further in this direction so that the arranger can also effectively serve as a control surface for a DAW?
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B.Safe wrote:
I am completely in line with this vision.
And why not push it a little further in this direction so that the arranger can also effectively serve as a control surface for a DAW?

I'm pretty sure that, if user definable MIDI output for all buttons, sliders and touch screen controls were added, you could easily set up a configuration to control a DAW.

That's kind of the point of 'user definable'... what's at the target end of the control can be any damn thing you want! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: